Jehovah's Witnesses- The Organisation Behind The Name

by african GB Member 19 Replies latest jw friends

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Lets admitt it guys, this org is the closest that anyone will ever get to the truth, I am not saying they are perfect, but maybe they just need a few modifications to some of their doctrines.

After all they are not that bad.

They don't execute people. They promote unity and peace among people. They encourage people to live good purposeful lives. I believe Jehovah must really be a force behind these people, otherwise they would have given up by now.

I think they will never stop operating (printing books and saving people's lives.

• JAFO
    JAFO

You have a very strange concept of what constitutes a "good and purposeful life"

• sizemik
    sizemik

Huh?

They don't execute people. . . . you sure? What about the blood doctrine? Malawi? suicides?

They promote unity and peace among people. . . . No they don't. They seperate themselves from the rest of humanity whom they pronounce wicked. Even within their own ranks families are torn apart.

They encourage people to live good purposeful lives. . . . No they don't. They sell a crock. They're the epitome of wasted lives. Propping up a publishing company in exchange for false hope.

... and saving people's lives. . . . Exactly whose lives were those again?

this org is the closest that anyone will ever get to the truth . . . now I know you must be joking.

• Farkel
    Farkel

african GB member,

First of all, your screen name is ridiculous. If you are not Sam Herd, your screen name is deceptive at least.

Next, let's consider your assertions, ALL of them:

:Lets admitt it guys, this org is the closest that anyone will ever get to the truth,

Do you mean to say that a 100% record of failed prophecy is the closest that anyone will ever get to the truth is the "closest anyone will ever get to the truth?" If so, then you have just given virtually every apocalyptic religion the same status as you claim for your religious masters.

:I am not saying they are perfect, but maybe they just need a few modifications to some of their doctrines.

Yeah. Like getting at least ONE of them right the first time?

:After all they are not that bad.

Oh, no. They really are THAT bad. In fact they are evil bad.

:They don't execute people.

Not directly. But Freddie Franz lamented the fact they couldn't do it, only being constrained by current laws in civilized countries. Want references?

:They promote unity and peace among people.

No. They promote conformity. Unity is voluntary. Conformity is manditory. The WTS promotes conformity. Or else.

:They encourage people to live good purposeful lives.

What purpose to they encourage? Selling their books, reporting your time in their servitude, reporting others who "sin", attending their propaganda sessions and reading thier propaganda. Hardly a definition of "encouragement", let alone "purposeful lives." A better definitition would be "Watchtower lives". Of bondage. Of servitude to a religious Corporation that just can't seem to get its predictions right.

:I believe Jehovah must really be a force behind these people, otherwise they would have given up by now.

Any Muslim would use the same argument. They just use a different Prophet and a different God. They are as wrong as you are.

:I think they will never stop operating (printing books and saving people's lives.

You mean all those books Russell wrote? Long out of print now and deemed "apostate." Or do you mean all those books Rutherford wrote? Long out of print now and deemed "apostate." Or do you mean all of those books Fred Franz wrote? Long out of print now and mostly deemed "apostate." Or at least, "old light."

And by the way, about "saving lives": how about the 20,000 lives that were needlessly lost because of their idiotic blood transfusion policy which is now nearly rescinded? Or the uncounted but huge number of lives that were wrecked because of their "alternative military service" laws which sent many young men needlessly to prison and which also wrecked my young life, which is now rescinded? Or their idiotic policy on organ transplants, which is also now rescinded?

But their "books" save lives! Until a year later when they are replaced by newer books which render the old books obsolete but they still save lives!

What rubbish! What part of "false religion" and a "snare and a racket" do you not understand?

Farkel

• JAFO
    JAFO

Thanks, guys... you said that so much better than I could have..

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

are you on drugs?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I hadn't read your title but thought you were describing National Geographic magazine

• JAFO
    JAFO
    are you on drugs?

I never heard of any drug that could mess someone up that badly..

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

I guess this meant to be satirical.

Bangalore

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Well said sizmik and farkel!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit