What all does it mean to "get out of her"? Do you need to formally disassociate?

by ataloa 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey
    You are out of her, if your heart is out of her. God does not need a formal written declaration. Your heart and spirit speak more clearly than anything else. WTS is part of 'her'. False teachings, false christianity, false representations of Christ and God... lies.
    Peace,
    Tammy

I agree.

• trueblue
    trueblue

It is a strange scripture saying to flee to the mountains during before the tribulation and that supposedly what they did but the scripture has a twist in it that sudjest that it is for our days but there really no mountains were someone could hide now days, so it must be a spiritual or mental instead of physical or meterial.

My grandmother said she never would go to taverns because she never lost anything there so she isn't going to find anything there either.

Still trying to figure to tie the saying to going to the JW's... I guess it they did not make me loose my familly they kept me from ever having one.

My grandmother told my mother she wish she knew them were JW's she would have run them off at the start... I don't answer the door to them anymore, and too busy to talk to them in public, it is the only way to get them to quit.

Some how the scripture in revelation about ones not excepting the mark and being beheaded is not physical it is not excepting false religeon including JW's especially JW's because they shun you the same as cutting ones head off mentally, it would be more polite if they actually killed you.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

A disassociation will let the hounders know you do not want to be part of the witlesses, and will put a stop to the hounding calls. However, they still hound people that have left the religion once a year (or so they are supposed to), and will usually not take no for an answer even though they are not supposed to call on those who clearly do not want such houndings.

As for "getting out of Babylon the Great", it is enough to stop supporting that religion. This means no boasting session attendance, no field circus, and no donations of time or money for anything within the religion. It also means you quit abiding by the doctrines simply because they are there. While you might still read the littera-trash (but only as you see fit, and you feel like it), you no longer accept any guidance found therein, and you no longer agree to abide by all the guidelines and rules contained within it. And it goes without saying that under no circumstances should you donate for any of the littera-trash.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Chalam, my conscience is only as good as my knowledge, isn't it? Besides that thing has a hair trigger on it, and it's been wrong before, due to inaccurate knowledge. So I'm hoping to gather more information so I can see how I feel about it in a few days.

"Knowledge" is very much a WTism, i.e. one just need's to hear "the truth" and accept it.

However, the bible speaks of revelation from God via His Spirit as being essential, not just facts Matthew 16:17, John 12:37-40, 1 Corinthians 2 etc.

As it is, "the truth" according to the WT is actually a lie and "another gospel".

Look in the New Testament and we are continually exhorted to live by the Spirit, not the law or the written code Romans 7, Romans 8

JWs live by rules, the ten commandments etc. However, by doing such things they are actually under the curse of the law! Galatians 3:10, Galatians 5:4, Romans 4:15

As to one's conscience, it is a confirmation (assuming it hasn't been seared or corrupted) Acts 24:16, Romans 2:15, Romans 9:1, 1 Corinthians 4:4 , 1 Timothy 4:2 , Titus 1:15

It confirms, the prompting of the Holy Spirit which is also confirmed by the bible. The Spirit will not tell you to go and sleep with prostitutes, rob a bank or kill your tax inspector. Hopefully the impulse to do any of these things will be contrary to your consciense and also your recollection of the bible.

My own feeling is that the Spirit is telling you it is time to DA yourself. The benefits of following the Lord always far outweight any negatives.

Consider the following.

Matthew 16:24-27

New International Version (NIV)

24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life [ a ] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

Matthew 19:27-30

27 Peter answered him, “We have left everything to follow you! What then will there be for us?”

28 Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. 30 But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

Matthew 10:32-40

32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
    a daughter against her mother,
    a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
    36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

40 “Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me.

Sure, it is a huge step and you need to count the cost but don't leave it too long.

Luke 14:25-33

The Cost of Being a Disciple
    25 Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: 26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple. 27 And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.

28 “Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it? 29 For if you lay the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule you, 30 saying, ‘This person began to build and wasn’t able to finish.’

31 “Or suppose a king is about to go to war against another king. Won’t he first sit down and consider whether he is able with ten thousand men to oppose the one coming against him with twenty thousand? 32 If he is not able, he will send a delegation while the other is still a long way off and will ask for terms of peace. 33 In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples.

With love in Christ,

Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

Chalem --- Hi Stephen --- Always great to see you here.

LV101

Likewise, always a pleasure LV :) Hope you are doing well!

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wow, TD. Thank you for broadening my education. I've always maintained that today's harlot is Las Vegas.

As for writing the society that you have formally left them, that's kind of like Elijah writing a resignation letter to Jezebel, isn't it? Why bother?

• Chalam
    Chalam

There are serious spiritual, emotional and physical benefits for DAing oneself.

JWs have sworn in a oath to be yoked with the heavy yoke of the WT (see JW baptism proclamations).

JWs are under a curse for proclaiming "another gospel" Galatians 1

JWs who DA themselves from the WT and become yoked to Jesus come under all the blessings of the New (and Old!) Covenants, least of not they are not under the curse of Adam and the Law Genesis 3, Deuteronomy 27:26

Matthew 11:28-30

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

'JWs are under a curse' what unbelievable crap comes out of religious people's minds and mouths. Superstition reigns supreme in christianity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit