What all does it mean to "get out of her"? Do you need to formally disassociate?

by ataloa 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ataloa
    ataloa

This has been nagging at me a little bit; I left 10 years ago, but am not DF'd as far as I know. I recognize the fact that this organization has no authority over me so would not bother with a letter just for them to clean up their records.

But to obey the Bible command, is it enough to no longer be a part of it, or is it important to show God where you stand with a formal act of withdrawal from the organization?

What are your thoughts?

• N.drew
    N.drew

I will be looking forward to what AGuest has to say!

I say "get out of her" does not mean church, or Kingdom Hall.

It might even be a voice that sounds like it comes from heaven, but doesn't.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Jerusalem

• talesin
    talesin

I may be out too long, and am confused... but didn't that phrase apply to "Babylon the Great"?

Not a believer myself, but am thinking that God knows your heart, and s/he would not care if you formally disassociated ... also, out of love, s/he would not expect you to take a step that may cause you a lot of pain and heartache through shunning. :)

tal

• ataloa
    ataloa

N. Drew and George, I'm not following you. ?

Talesin, I don't have family in, and I've grieved the loss of my "friends" long ago, so I don't really have anything to lose. Maybe I'm confused too. I thought we were commanded to get out of religion.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Who is teaching that "get out of her" means get out of religion?

• Chalam
    Chalam

As Paul says, your conscience confirms it Romans 9:1

Follow the Spirit and the directive, there is much blessing when you do :)

In Christ,

Stephen

• N.drew
    N.drew

Then what do I supect it means? I think it means get out of the great tribulation.

• N.drew
    N.drew

When you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation begin fleeing to the mountain.

Most people are fleeing to the hill. Mount Megiddo. Fleeing to the mountain means trust in God. Fleeing to the hill means trust in man.

• tec
    tec

You are out of her, if your heart is out of her. God does not need a formal written declaration. Your heart and spirit speak more clearly than anything else. WTS is part of 'her'. False teachings, false christianity, false representations of Christ and God... lies.

Peace,

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit