Your most DISTURBING WATCHTOWER Bethel/Branch experience? (No full names please)

by Balaamsass 165 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I remember back in 1998 or so When I was in ther ewas this guy named Bobby from Texas I believe. Before coming to Bethel he had a very good job at a Huge technology company. He had the nicest suits and was just an overall cool guy. However after his first 3 months he stopped hanging out with us and started hanging out with the "sister" he met in his new hall.

This girl was HOT! I mean HOOOOOOOT. However one day while I was working the 107 desk she came in at close to 11 at night asking for him. She was dressed in a rather scandolous fashion and she looked very upset. I called him and said your "friend is here bobby!" and I laughed thinking it wasn serious.

When he came down from his room he grabbed her by the arm and went outside with her and like 10 minutes later he came back in crying and acting wierd. So I didn't say anything to him. Three days later while I was walking on the second floor of the 25 building I looked down into the atrium and there was Bobby sitting amongst 3 brothers in the lobby crying like a baby and holding his head in his hands. I thought someone in his family died or something - but i just kept moving and figured I would check on him later. Weeeeeeeeeelllllll the following day right after morning worship he was standing outside the 25 building with his suitcases and bags...

He told me that the girl was a prostitute and that he had been having sex with her repeatedly for like 4 months. He decided that he had to come forward and say something because she said she would keep coming by his place asking for him if he didn't pay more! I couldn't believe it.

Needless to say I never heard from him again

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Wow. Was that Brooklyn Bethel, soso?

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

Sure was Apog, i wonder if there is anyone here during that time period that remembers him.

It was around the same time that we had an announcement at morning worship asking the brothers who refused to flush the toilets on the 4th floor of 124 to step up and admit that they were doing it. ROFL

For some reason all of the brothers on the 4th floor or 6th floor... can't remember right now - would take craps in the communal bathroom and no one would flush the toilet. So it would just pile up and then the brother who had to clean it would have the job of I guess unclogging it all.

Crazy times

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Well well..I am not that surprized. It must be a very destructive environment in a psychologigal aspect.

Even bethelites need that...what did you call it in another thread....dauchery/bauchery??? maybe debaucery?...but a prostitute at Bethel .

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Debauchery :)

Yeah, I figured it had to be Brooklyn, what with the temptations of the city and all. I'm pretty sure I passed at least one prostitute while out in service there with a local congregation, it's easy to see how it could have happened.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

It is crazy to lock up young men at the peak of their sexual life cycle and expect anthing but the most unusual.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I remember some Bethel boys had a stripper at 34 Orange St. for a party. Knorr found out and they were gone that week.

• Pickler
    Pickler

I'm thinking a prostitute at bethel could make a lot of money very easily!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Pickler, she couldn't get very far with the $20 a month we got when I was there. I was glad to have savings!

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit