True Pink Floyd Fans Only...(ok everyone is invited)

by charlie brown jr. 96 Replies latest social entertainment

• Satanus
    Satanus

I like their pompeii video. Great effects, w a pagan back drop. I watch it, occasionally. It's very trippy.

S

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

So...Pandora had me listen to TIME by Pink Floyd the other day. I'm hooked.

Educate me...please.

Charlie Brown, Jr. and New Chapter seem like serious die hards.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

9.40---that was freaking FANTASTIC! I almost cried when little Michael popped up.

I'm posting it on my forum

Welcome to the board!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Seen Pink Floyd twice - Still the best concerts I have ever attended after all these years......

Fed up - start by listening to The Wall!

• 9.40am
    9.40am

Thanks NewChapter! Yes, 'tear your little boy apart' just cried out for MJ! Hope it that was as tasteful as possible in all the circumstances. I enjoy reading your posts and pretty much always agree with you! (Mutual admiration over... :-)

I saw the Momentary Lapse of Reason concert (sans Waters) and it remains the best concert I've seen. I saw a tribute band (The PF Experience) a while ago and that was absolutely fantastic and they got the whole idea of it perfectly. Even 'the scream' (there is only one) was perfect! I wanted to see the recent Waters tour, but it just cost far too much. Amused to Death was fantastic and just a great album, but Pros and Cons and Radio KAOS were a bit much for me. I've actually preferred Gilmour solo overall. Maybe the band constrained the younger Waters’ creativity to his benefit sometimes. Apart from what I think was the trio of classic albums (Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here and The Wall), I really liked The Final Cut (which was really Waters) and Animals. The See Emily Play video was on MTV a few times recently: that was fun.

I just about lived for Pink Floyd as a kid: the themes matched my feelings about the JW life pretty much perfectly – as Spiritual Mother demonstrates. It remains my go to music and the mainstay of the music I listen to regularly on my phone.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

9.40 has a pm.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I have loved Pink Floyd since at least middle-school. I would pretend to be sick, stay home listen to Pink Floyd and the Rolling Stones while playing the NES. Best day Ever!! Netflix has a cool documentary about Pink Floyd. I was telling my daughter what a huge undertaking it was to produce DARK SIDE OF THE MOON. Today you can access endless sound effects from the net. Not so back in the day. DSOTM is epic.

Here is a sad Floyd-esque quote " Hanging on in quiet desperation is the JW way...the time is gone, the dream is over..thought I'd have more time play....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit