STEVE HASSAN coming to Cult Free Radio on November 19

by Mad Sweeney 57 Replies latest jw friends

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I hate that it starts so late. The JW's are trying to find way to discredit him now... I wonder if he'll say anything. I sent him the link yesterday. It's too late, I'll have to hear the recording.

Details? What are you referring to, Phigment2?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

interesting that this expert on mind control believes in God

• Phigment2
  • EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I just listened and found it interesting that Steve Hassan discussed the difference between those that converted vs. those that are born-in. It helps me realize,I'm not just crazy.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

no you are not crazy, you are just empty inside

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I get the feeling Steve has a very liberal view of "God" but I could be wrong.

Thanks for listening, everybody.

As for Teary Oberon's blog, he's a troll not worth even opening a dialogue with or about, IMO.

About the timing of the show, there is no good time to do it live that will accommodate everyone. It is too late even for me, but it allows the west coast of the USA to listen in without taking out a chunk of their afternoon. In the continental USA it begins at 7, 8, 9, or 10, depending on which time zone you're in. In Australia it starts at around lunch time on Sunday. The timing sucks for the Europeans and Africans, though. But it's recorded and anyone can now listen/watch at any time.

Appreciate the support. I hope it helps people.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Mad Sweeney, I have to congratulate you on getting Steve on your show.

A couple of points Steve made that I think are worth highlighting:

The achilles heel of cults: there are thousands of other groups that think they are the only 'truth' and look down on JWs as a cult. What makes JWs different? JWs need to be able to see their organization from this perspective.

Steve also stated that whilst debating doctrine is usually not productive, discussing flip flops and discrepancies in the organization's history can be useful, depending on the individual you are trying to reach.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Thanks! The wife and I enjoyed the show. Lots of discussion this morning. We were both "Born in".

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I have been given permission to thank JWN and JWR poster "Notjustyet" (who is still IN but working on it) for helping to set the Steve Hassan interview up. Steve's time is not free, and it isn't cheap. Notjustyet paid for the hour out of his own pocket, and he chose me and Cult Free Radio to do the interview, so MAD Sweeney PROPS to him for that (or her - I don't even know Notjustyet's real identity). So thanks, Notjustyet, for a big contribution to the effort of helping people free their minds.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

The time thing got in my way but you download it in places right? I realy want to hear!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit