Pastor Inciting Murder And Genocide Of Gays

by Village Idiot 16 Replies latest social current

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I'm not so much into gay issues as I am into Right Wing Fundamentalist issues but what they say about gays is irksome and at times dangerous. When trawling the internet for their statements I find that 80% of what they have to say is about gays, more so than abortion or even Obama. I could shrug it off as pathetic ignorance unworthy of a rebuttal if it weren't for the occasional psychos like the one below.

Rarely do they explicitly state these opinions but in this video they show their true colors.

This Harlem pastor is calling on 'Christians' to die and kill for the sake of their beliefs. To quote his words:

"If we're going to win this battle for the lord God almighty, two things are going to have to happen in terms of our battle strategies. We've got to be willing to die for what we believe. If you believe the word of God, then there is no way you will not die willingly for the cause of Christ. But the other thing - if we're gonna win this battle against Obama, the long-leggy mack daddy, the quasi-Muslim freak, the vice president of both death and hell, against the sodomites, against racism - we're gonna have to be willing to kill as well. You can try to arrest me, saying that I'm inciting murderous behavior. Go ahead and try. See if that will stand up in court. Let me tell you something, if you're not willing to kill for what you believe, if you're not will to kill those that are diametrically opposed in great evil against you believe, then you're not worthy of his service. You gotta be willing to kill. You gotta be willing to die." - Pastor James David Manning

and...

"Listen, I believe in stoning. I've said it I believe in stoning Sodomite - I believe stoning anyone who raises their hand against the purposes or plans of God."

You can ignore his comments about Ann Coulter and go to the 2:00 and the 7:20 mark to hear the gist of what he's saying. This is as explicit a statement as possible.

Needless to say this is much stronger stuff than anything the Watchtower has to say but its danger lies in the fact that these people have influence over 30% of the general US population. I can imagine 'lone wolf' attacks encouraged by men such as these. I can also imagine, at a time of political turmoil with conservative states seceding from or fighting the US Federal Government, their enforcing laws like these.

Try watching the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCYu6ZyQaAI&feature=player_detailpage

• rebel8
    rebel8

It sounds like he has threatened the President, so he will be getting a visit by the Secret Service.

He's not wrong about the bible. This is what it teaches. It's an ugly, hateful book.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"...he will be getting a visit by the Secret Service."

And the Secret Service will do nothing like they did with Ted Nugent.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Village idiot. What do you want the secret service to do ?
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

The whole attitude tells us, that while some Christians focus on the love bit, the overall theme of the Bible is hate (of the perceived enemies of god).

On the whole, the pastor' statements tell us a lot about the religion.

But I wanted to comment on the pastor himself. There's a lot research work that indicates that homophobic hate is first of all directed internally, and is an attempt to deal with the homophobe's own attraction to the same sex.

Havn't got time to go searching for it today, but I'll try and get to it in the next few days.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    truthseeker, it was rebel who mentioned the Secret Service and they're welcome to pay him a visit. However, what this man has said about killing "Sodomites" and those who "raise their hands against the plans and purposes of God" should be in the domain of the FBI and local law enforcement. It's clearly an incitement to murder.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

I've listed to the 'kill' bit 3x and it sounds to me like he's saying we need to kill Obama.

re what fulltimestudent said--ITA. "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    All I can say villageidiot is you must be looking over your shoulders all the time .You are welcome by most in Canada.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

truthseeker,

"All I can say villageidiot is you must be looking over your shoulders all the time .You are welcome by most in Canada."

I am looking over my shoulders all the times but not because of people like that Pastor but because I live in a large apartment complex where almost everyone is (or was) a Witness and they keep me under surveillance since they consider me a demonized apostate.

As far as worrying about people like that pastor they can't get me on the gay issue since I'm not gay but I can get in trouble just for defending them.

As for Canada I would love to migrate but my wealth does not suffice. I heard that the easiest way of getting there is to have a million Canadian dollars invested in some government account for a certain period of time. Either that or be a doctor or entrepreneur who can employ a dozen Canadian citizens.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    village idiot what country are you in?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit