today's Kingdom Hall experience

by Cygnus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

I offer my condolences for the death of your grandfather, Cyg. My father's funeral was pretty much the same thing: less than 5 minutes of eulogy and 25 minutes of preachy bullshit.

Reborn2002,

: I felt as you do now, interesting that in a crowd of JW whove been in the organization for 20 years plus in most cases, they rehash what everyone already knows and has heard OVER AND OVER again, instead of making poignant remarks about the loved one lost. I had a problem with that.

I've got a MAJOR problem with that. The outlines for the funeral talks counsel not to spend too much time eulogizing the dead. (The dead person is merely a prop for the WTS sales-pitch, anyway).

But here is the problem: I have a tape recording of governing body member Lyman Swingle's funeral. It was five-odd minutes of Bible discussion about the hope of the resurrection for second class WT citizens and immortality in heaven for first-class WT citizens, and a full FORTY MINUTES of eulogy and anecdotes about Swingle.

Those WTS leaders are fucking hypocrites and self-worshiping bastards of the worst sort.

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• termite 35
    termite 35

so sad for you;funerals are supposed to show respect and offer memories to take back with you, also to hear stuff about the preson you never even knew; fat chance huh? My uncles(non dub) was so lovely, it was so good to hear things about him that i had no idea about.that's the kind of thing that helps...the day my mum died witness 'friend' told me 'you'd better get baptised then, or you'll never see her again' NICE EH?I never did...

• Seeker
    Seeker

Sorry to hear about your loss, Cyg. I found your description interesting. I have occasionally thought about what it would be like to return to the Hall for a funeral, the only reason I would ever go back.

• qadreena
    qadreena

sounds familiar, i went to my brothers wedding last september at a kh and it was all jehovah this and jehovah that, i sat there thinking, what about the happy couple

xxx angel xxx

• pamkw
    pamkw

The same thing happened when my grandmother died. My mom had me write up her story for the elder that was giving the talk. He made me so mad, he used what I wrote as a stepping stone into his sermon. And other people were stupid enough to think I wrote about her that way. I am not df or da, but I was shunned anyway. I arrived with my sons and my then worldly husband. Held my head high, and glared back at the ones who couldn't bring themselves to talk to me.

I am so sorry for you loss.
    Pam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit