Has anyone here actually convinced someone out of the truth here?

by bottleofwater 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I helped three out!! and one that was DF helped her mentally out

• flipper
    flipper

I am in the process of helping and facillitating the fades of one of my nieces and one nephew. I did not initially help them to stop attending, they did that themselves. BUT - I am giving them access to information they may not have known otherwise by my hanging out here on JWN and reading I've done. So it's an ongoing process this " making people aware " thing. My 26 yr.old son actually left the JW's a year before I did 9 years ago. So he and I pack a one-two punch in exposing the WT society to his cousins- my JW siblings kids

• james_woods
    james_woods

Oh yes - quite a few. It is a long story, but right around the time (a few years before, actually) of the Ray Franz scandal, and when Ed Dunlap was kicked out - about 50 people left in Oklahoma City. Or, perhaps more. No one person did it all, but there was a big episode of many walking away. It still persists to this day.

I was a young elder at the time, and I am proud to say that I was the first to resign and first to be DFd for apostacy. Even before Ed's brother Marion - I was young and rash at the time. He was the city overseer at the time - and nobody could believe we both walked. Most of the 50 who left never had "JW-judicial" action - I think Marion and myself were the only ones to be formally disfellowshipped.

I would also like to say - (for the thousandth time - and, on the record) - nobody tried to start their own religion. Everybody just quit, breathed in the clean fresh air outside the prison, and got on with their lives.

James

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

3 of the 5 voices in my head convinced the other 2

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, at least you were able to meet the 2/3 majority rule, like the Governing Body does...

• N.drew
    N.drew

Good one!!! LOL!!!

• moshe
    moshe

My kids admitted I was right and my ex-wife admiited to them I was right- it just took 5 years of my harping to get it done. Thank goodness the kids were only 9 and 11 when my JW wife divorced me. I had many years of court mandated visitation to tell my side. Had they been over 18, it might not have turned out like this.

Now for JWs on the outside- In my experience, 5 minutes worth of WT expose' at the door, doesn't have much sticking power, unless they are already having doubts. I still gave'em hell, just so they left with a sore arse and they remembered talking to a householder whose objections they couldn't overcome.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

James....

Everybody just quit, breathed in the clean fresh air outside the prison, and got on with their lives.

Priceless

• james_woods
    james_woods
    James....Everybody just quit, breathed in the clean fresh air outside the prison, and got on with their lives.
    Priceless

Thanks, Magwitch. It really was the way it happened. I will try to PM you the next time Mai and I are up to the cabin near Boulder - maybe we can BBQ a steak. Next Spring.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Would absolutely love that James!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit