Has anyone here actually convinced someone out of the truth here?

by bottleofwater 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

I'm talking about even people in their own congregation, or even a simple comment at the meeting that shut people up.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I think the question is making the presumption that because one event follows the other that the event that followed "caused" the other.

People often become JW's for the same reasons they leave JW's.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

A poster here who goes by Tuesday here and Tim Kilgore on Youtube says he's helped over 400 people ut of the borg wih his videos. I believe him.

• maksym
    maksym

First step is to stop calling it the truth.

And yes, I have personally helped two family members come out of the Corporation.

peace

Maksym

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

I have not convinced any one but my Son convinced me out.

• etna
    etna

I agree wuth maksym, I have stopped calling it the "truth", it isn't........

Etna

• wobble
    wobble

The "Truth" is the extremely ironic misnomer that JW's use to describe their Cult and its worship of the Cult's Governing Body.

(The Mormons use the same word for their cult)

To answer the thread title literally, hundreds of posters on here have convinced countless people to leave the JW/WT Org.

A vast number who have since left, if not physically , then mentally, have done so by reading the excellent stuff on here.

We started as merely readers on here for whatever reason, we were "in" then, but we left, because of the good people who post on JWN.

Personally, I do not know of any sucesses I may have had, I have spoken to a number of JW's and told them about JWFacts.com and this site, so I may have helped some, I do hope so, to be free of the cult is worth more than gold.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

My wife, you could say. We are both inactive now, not been near a Kingdom Hall for 8 months. She's glad not to have to bother any more, so I would not say she took much convincing as such.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

No not directly, but I have afew family members thinking.

I should add, I'm proud to say my children & now exwife

• mouthy
    mouthy

When I was on the Sally Jessie Rhapheal show (TV) I had a person call me
    & say after seeing it, she realized it was not the "truth".So I felt good about that
    But my daughter & G/child is still a JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit