I think this is real, a boardgame for JW's- House 2 House

by OnTheWayOut 38 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
  • cult classic
    cult classic

I don't even know what to say about this game, OTWO. Are they serious? Maybe they'll recall the game when in a year or two WT changes a major teaching or belief.

Remember those JW flashcards from decades ago?

• undercover
    undercover

I seem to remember someone having a similar kind of board game years ago. It was more homemade and crude but was about going house to house.

At that time, many board games were somewhat looked down on by dubs in our area. Even Monopoly. It promoted greed and running other people out of business. That was un-Christian. Risk was the same as Chess, a war game. Any kind of card game that involved "betting", even when it was toothpicks or plastic fake chips, was out (though I heard about Bethel brothers saving pennies and having all night penny poker games, so we started doing the same).

I remember people trying to come up with Bible games to replace all the "worldly" games. I always thought it would have been interesting to have some kind of Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) based game. Murder, genocide, conquests, rape, incest... now that's a game for true Christians...sure beats Monopoly.

• freshstart
    freshstart

It's real, my aunt has it. So dumb....ugh, why would anyone play this game?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I had a game like this many years ago oh the fun

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

Just.......wow. What an utterly depressing boardgame.

A comment from one of the posters on the Facebook page:

Looks interesting. The box says it is for 13+. Why is that when you can get baptised at 10 or 12 years old?

Inquiring minds wanna know...

</form>

• shamus100
    shamus100

It's been around for a long time. ;)

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

To undercover: My family felt the same way about "worldly" games. The faces and suits of cards was even considered bad(I can't remember why). Your Idea about a game

about the old Testament is hilarious.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I just order it. I will give it to my Dad on his birthday :)

elder-schmelder

• flipper
    flipper

" A Boardgame for JW's " . What's this world coming to ???? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit