Yaweh is a nasty bully.

by snare&racket 11 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I can't believe I used to worship such a horrid deity. Why did we never question it when he was so obviously evil. If you disagree even after leaving, there is no way to explain away these commands/laws/ condoning actions of this disgusting man made god.

Exodus 21:2-6
    Leviticus 25:44-46
    Exodus 21:7-11
    Proverbs 29:21
    Proverbs 29:19
    Zechariah 13:7-9
    Colossians 3:22
    Jeremiah 51:20-26
    Zechariah 14:1-2
    Jeremiah 11:22-23
    Deuteronomy 20:10-14
    Judges 21:10-24
    Numbers 31:7-18
    Deuteronomy 22:28-29
    Deuteronomy 21:10-14
    Judges 5:30Judges 9:42-49Numbers 5:11-31Numbers 25:1-9

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Indeed. YHWH lacks basic human moral principles. I always felt he would destroy me no matter what i did. Jesus' God barely little resemblance to the Torah god.

• Rydor
    Rydor

The next time you hear someone compare the god of the bible to a loving father, ask them if it's okay to subject your child to ongoing psychological torture in the name of "discipline."

" 14 Now the Spirit of the LORD had departed from Saul, and an evil [ a ] spirit from the LORD tormented him. 15 Saul’s attendants said to him, “See, an evil spirit from God is tormenting you." 1 Sam 16:14,15

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

just like his jewish worshippers

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

an evil , angry , destructive false God of the OT, and one not to be frightened of, scum.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My lot will condone any of Jah's psychotic behaviours so that they don't have to admit they joined a crap religion and made converts for it.

• Farkel
    Farkel

snare&racket,

Mark Twain famously said, "it's not the parts of the Bible that I don't understand that scares me. It's the parts that I do understand that scares me."

Amen to that.

Farkel

• cantleave
    cantleave

Why did we never question it when he was so obviously evil?

I ask myself that every day! How bloody stupoid we were.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Our local church in town a couple years back had this on their sign:

"Read the Bible. It will scare the hell out of you."

A number of thoughts went through my mind. I thought to myself "Yes, this is exactly what the Bible is all about. Fear and control. No Thanks! And how is this statement going to attract people to the Bible and your church? It actually repels me. I do not want that kind of energy in my life, thanks. And this also says the Bible is definitely not something for children."

Apparently our church isn't the only one that has used this (they just don't get it, do they?):

Check this out -- there is even a book with the same title written by W. Dale Murphy who is no longer Christian. That's hilarious!

• wobble
    wobble

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction ; jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control freak; a vindictive, blood-thirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

Prof. R Dawkins. as quoted in the Guardian newspaper about ayear ago.

This is the god of the WT being described rather well I feel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit