AJWRB must back away from Lawrence Hughes

by zengalileo 8 Replies latest watchtower medical

• zengalileo
    zengalileo

Yes, sad to say. I found out that he lied to me on two occasions. One, that if he didn't get 500 dollars in 1 (then 2, then 3, then he sort of forgot how many weeks it was supposed to be) week the court would force him to drop the case. This was a lie. I am sorry to any who sent money as a result of me backing this statement, i took him at his word and I got burned.

Lie #2, that he signed dismissal papers to drop the case. It turns out that he got me all fired up, misleading me to believe that the case was indeed over and by "signing the papers" he meant that those papers had actually been sent in or filed. Then he sent me an email saying he signed the papers, but they were still on his desk and if I could just help him come up with some more money it might not be over after all. God he must think I am stupid.

So I have no idea what the truth is, I just know the man is a liar. I am not judging the merit of the case. I just feel I owe an apology to anybody that read my posts here, and I feel a warning is due to anybody before they have dealings with this man, that either he has some kind of mental disability, or perhaps so sad over the loss of his daughter that he doesn't know the difference between truth and lies, or he's just a liar plain and simple. I regret passing on his pleas for money. I'll think twice before I get involved in this kind of case again.

zen

• shamus100
    shamus100

That is why there is no solicitation on this website, silly. ;)

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Thank you Zen, for the explanation. I too was under the impression the case was over, but he's still holding on to the papers that he signed, and still trying to get money?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Money brings out the worst in people.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I posted some warnings years ago here on jwn and got quite a negative response from the other posters. All I suggested is we need some safeguards (a trust to put the money in) and get some more information from Lawrence.

I think 2 things happened here.

1-Posters were so disgusted at what happened to Bethany and so excited at the possibility of justice that it blinded them toward the manner in which Lawrence was asking for money. People could not even confirm his identity and they were sending him cash--people who mostly would have never done so for any other compelling cause when presented in this manner on the Internet.

2-Lawrence was genuinely grief-stricken and understandably consumed with anger. It appears that may have led to some unfortunate choices in regards to the money and lawsuit.

I fell into the trap too. @ one point I set up a PayPal donation button for him on my website (after having to convince him to accept PayPal instead of cash only). Lawrence found out that was illegal. He never bothered to notify me or even apologize. I just happened to find out about it when he mentioned it in a post.

• rebel8
    rebel8

The title of your thread suggests you are speaking for AJWRB as an organization. Is that correct? What is your affiliation? Thanks

• Alfred
    Alfred

BTT...

My $.02...

IMHO, even if this site's guidelines didn't prohibit solicitation, common sense dictates that it is highly inappropriate to solicit money on these kinds of discussion boards (whether the funds are ultimately used for a good cause or not)...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I know a "Nigerian Prince" who is now a Brother and wants out of Nigeria, he wants to transfer 1 Million into my bank account and I keep 10% !!!!!!

I'm faxing over my account and passward right now.......I'm rich!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Witness007 - Share the wealth!!

I have a great scheme you could invest in, I will PM you you paypal details and all need to do, is transfer 10% of your 10% and I guarantee a return of another 10%. But if you don't act quick, I will sign papers that will scupper the whole deal!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit