UK Congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses

by JWB 37 Replies latest jw friends

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Not UK, English.

and Welsh.

The Charity Commission covers England and Wales.

George

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Shudder! I saw the congregations I was sadly associated with. Same power trippers, same suck ups and same reluctant father figures.

Not happifying!

• punkofnice
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Nice to see my Brother's name in the Blandford Congregation, Wasn't too sure if he was still alive!

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

I recognise a few names too. what is interesting is that the elders of each congregation is a trustee. So is each congregation listed as a separate charity with its own set of trustees?

• JWB
    JWB

Most congregations of JWs in the UK have as their Governing Document what is known as The Model Constitution. Here is an interesting extract that shows who holds in trust all land and building belonging to such congregations.

CLAUSE 5 OF THE MEMORANDUM OF CONSTITUTION

5.1 THE KINGDOM HALL TRUST (or such other Body Corporate as the Congregation with the approval of the Society may from time to time appoint for that purpose by Congregation Decision) shall be the Custodian Trustee of the Congregation

5.2 ALL LAND and building belonging to the Congregation shall be vested in the Custodian Trustee on the Trusts which are set out in the First Schedule to this Memorandum

'the Society' is defined in clause 1 as:

The incorporated body known as Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania whose office is at The Ridgeway London NW7 1RN (Company Number F4273): Charity Registration Number 241623) in association with the incorporated body known as International Bible Students Association whose office is at the same address (Company Number 136726): Charity Registration Number 216647) (or such incorporated or unincorporated body as may be used by or succeed to the Society in respect of the organisation of Jehovah's Witnesses in Great Britain)

---

Note: Company Number F4273 (Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania), was closed as an overseas branch on 1 November 1999.

• Simon
    Simon

Links updated to reflect changes to Charity Commission website.

New search-form is here: http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/find-charities/

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    been looking for this for a while and bingo found it today, seems well up to date and see definitely three congregations from my old circuit no longer exist including the cong of my ex wife, we were married in her congs KH, also the contact and trustees have seemingly upto date email addresses so anyone interested in finding their status as a DF/DA person may be able to request their details.
  • Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif
    Why no NI or Scottish kingumb halls listed in the UK list?
  • ignored_one
    ignored_one
    I couldn't help noticing my old congregation spent more than it received this year by double.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit