Unconditional love?

by Snoozy 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Whatever happened to "unconditional Love"?

Why is it today so many are willing to shun a friend or relative because they are just too much trouble or they do something that irritates them...

They claim that the other person is "not healty for them" or "harmful to their mental health" be it a relative or a goof friend. Too ready to write them off so to speak.

What happened to the kind of unconditional love that loves in good and bad times....

I don't get it..

I guess "Unconditional love" doesn't exist anymore. It's all about the "Me" generation.

Snoozy..who will always have unconditional love ...

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Snoozy, are you talking about JWs or people in general? I know from my limited experience with JWs that JWs practice Con-Love, which is conditional love that JWs give when JWs blindly follow WTBTS doctrines and is based on an illusion of following Jesus Christ using deceit and false doctrines. Worldly people seem to be behaving about the same to me. Although for a short time after 9/11, I did notice that people were not as self-absorb with themselves and their issues as before 9/11.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Why is it today so many are willing to shun a friend or relative because they are just too much trouble or they do something that irritates them...

It's not just a JW thing. My non-JW family were fine with us being JW. Since leaving the JW's they now want us to pay dearly for our error. They shun us as much as the JW's do. I guess I'm now "too much trouble" ... ? Who knows? True unconditional love is rare . . . I think it always has been.

• clarity
    clarity

Size ... I've noticed that too about people in general, but especially the churchy ones. Almost like they want to avoid having a responsibility toward you. A bit too much trouble, knowing that you may now have some social 'issues'!

clarity

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I was talking about people in general..I have relatives that get their nose out of joint at a family member and refuse to talk to them..One of them even oked it with a counselor..the counselor backed up their feelings. Said it was OK to have no contact or limited contact with someone (family or not) if they wanted to...

I always felt that family should stick together no matter what. Talk out the problems and come to a happy medium somehow
    Even with good friends, none of them are perfect but if you throw away everyone you disagree with or if they have an opinion you don't like you will soon end up all alone..

Just doesn't work for me..

People just aren't tolerant anymore..they constantly find fault with others and want others to be perfect like they are..

Snoozy..

• talesin
    talesin

Snoozy, I have found that to be true since I got sick. My friends who are 'working' and 'making money',,,, dumped me b/c I am poor, and EVEN THOUGH they knew me for decades, and saw how hard I worked in the past,,, and was succesful,,, they all seem to have forgotten that fact, and now don't want to be around me.

Is it that my poverty 'reminds them' how close they could be to my situation? Is it because they don't know 'real' love?

I don't know, to tell you the truth. It makes me sad, but I forgive them ...

I have found unconditional love, though,,, with my friends who are also having a hard time. We help each other out,,, going to food banks, and sharing our 'finds',,, loaning 20 bux the week before payday,,,, buying food 'on sale' and splitting the cost ...

It's there, it's just hard to find sometimes. :))

tal

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

@ Snozzy. My relatives are all pretty easy going, so I have not noticed them being intolerant. I'm very picky about who I'm close friends with, so my friends are also pretty easy going and are tolerant of me as I'm of them. The only intolerant former friend that I have is a JW, and she is the one that doesn't want to be friends with me probably because I'm not a sheep (i.e., will not blindly follow the WTBTS). I can sometimes be too honest when I'm told b*llsh*t.

@talesin. I'm sorry that you are sick and not doing well. I'm unemployed also, and it does take lots of effort to maintain relationships with people, who I use to work with. I feel that close friends will/have not abandoned me, and co-workers are not abandoning me when they are busy working and living their lives. Since I'm unemployed praticing and refining my networking skills has become even more important. I hope that you feel better soon.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• talesin
    talesin

Hi, Robert, and thanks for your well-wishes. :)

Actually, one friend told me I was 'getting too comfortable on welfare',, and another told me about a GREAT janitor's job that's available full-time (even though I can't walk right now .... hahahaha) ,,, so, no, it's not about them being 'busy' ... it's about them having negative feelings about poverty ...

t

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

it is so much easier to accept people as they are. But to do that one has to stop being judgemental. and that can be very difficult to stop. Hang in there, it is good you still have people who help and cooperate with you though. by the way what i really mean is keep on hanging in there.

• talesin
    talesin

oops, didn't mean to make this about 'me',,, I have some GREAT friends,, chosen family ,,, who DO love me as I am... just sayin', in reference to the OP, that I agree with Snoozy,,

and thanks,,, lifes!

tal <========== hearting all of you right NOW!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit