Brother with "Apostate Leaning" not kicked out yet?...

by RagingBull 18 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea that was kinda the point. Elders with social lives and an ounce or two of brain cells are goling to be too involved in their own lives, or that of those who truly need help, to bother with this kind of crapola. On the other hand, you do have the lifeless elders who picture themselves as Jehu, ready to kill all the pagens worshiping in their midst. I can see a person saying they lean towards scripture rather than the WT and that's it. He's out.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

wha happened? - Are you thinking of anyone in particular? Do the initials FC mean anything?

I'm surprised he didn't DF everyone for not wearing white shirts on the platform!!!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Oh I watched him sweep all sorts of crap his kids were doing, under the rug. His son was the one that was under restriction and reproof, but didn't have to step down as a MS. He was a real ass but alot of the elders in his cong kissed ass. While he was busy heading off any commitee against his children, he would chase others out of the cong that he didn't see eye to eye with.

I've seen other elders with a similar disposition. They just didn't have the elder body in check like he did

• 00DAD
    00DAD

WTF?!?! How could an MS be "under restriction and reproof" and not get removed!

Talking 'bout the sons of Eli, I am!!!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea that still is a conversation piece among the publishers of that time. Something else the kids bragged about was how the elders would give them the answers at commitee meetings. I do remember once how they were caught in a lie about something they did, but the elders asked, "It was over 3 years ago right?" so of course they said yes, even though the answer was no, more like two years. But with the right answer it was let go.

In the congregation I later attended with some of your inlaws, There were a few inactive sisters who lived with their boyfriends. They walked into the KH on any given day, no questions. One was pregnant.

The PO of that cong later had his daughter reinstated after being disfellowshipped for over 10 years, with about a months worth of meetings on her return.

So it really is subjective.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

WH: disappointing but informative ...

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Well, my dad is a Cong. Overseer (Presiding)...and I'm pretty sure that if not already, soon there will be action taken against those that are "inactive" and refuse to go in field service if nothing serious is holding them back. A Circ. Overseer in a talk once asked "Is overtime on your job worth eternal life in Paradise?" or something like that.

The brothers had approched a friend of mine about his views but he chickened out and said that he understood that we are all imperfected, GB included...but said he would not let his doubts steer him away from "jehovah's organization". He said the brother then used King Saul as an example and said "Even though David was on the run from him, and had every right in our eyes to go against Saul...he understood that Saul was ANOINTED BY JEHOVAH...thus leaving things in Jehovah's hands is best and we should wait on him to make things better and to understand things clearer in time."

I heard that and though..."WOW! they've found a way to twist scripture to their benefit again!"

• 00DAD
    00DAD

RB: So the elders want to "take action" against those that refuse to go in field service! Hmmm ...

The brother in question should tell the elders when they come to harass him about his "inactivity" and "doubts" that they should be, "leaving things in Jehovah's hands and ... wait on him to make things better and to understand things clearer in time."

While we're on the subject of taking action against those the refuse to go in field service, you might enjoy this recent thread:

Do the Governing Body members ever go Door-to-Door?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@RagingBull - Saul was a spiritist and eventually got killed by God (or did he commit suicide - it's something in that nature). So if they're comparing themselves to Saul now, well, they know who they are and what they're into.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit