Brother with "Apostate Leaning" not kicked out yet?...

by RagingBull 18 Replies latest jw friends

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

A few Sundays ago, I noticed a brother who rarely comes to the Hall anymore (my attendance is sketchy anyway) even though his wife still does. He had a full on goatee, and his wife has expressed to other sisters that he's just "trusting in the Bible and not the Organization so much". The Elders must know of this b/c his Father-n-Law is an Elder in our Congregation. So...I'm wondering "WTF is up?!" Not that I wish the brother to be shunned. I still talk to him when I see him. But I haven't let him know that I'm of the conscious class myself. Yet I wonder how he's making it thru without being DF'd.

Anyone know of a similar situation in their area?

• blondie
    blondie

how is he making it through---HIS FATHER-IN-LAW IS AN ELDER, I'm sure he loves his daughter and doesn't want to toss his son-in-law

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

It depends alot on where you happen to be. In our area, we have an X-Elder in a Rural congregation that grew his hair long like a hippie. He still comes to Sunday meetings. It propably is a rebelious thing. Another X Elder has admitted to reading the Apostate sites, but he acts as if the sites are stupid. Why on earth does he admit to it, I wondered? I don't think you'll see them pass the microphone anytime, soon.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

hey I've seen baptized sisters show up pregnant and depending on who they were related to, little or nothing was done.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

I don't know what the hell is going on. Especially with the articles that have come out about "apostates" I thought he was sure to be kicked out sooner than later. Guess I was wrong. I like that! Hopefully he can make it out with his family and not suffer as much loss as most do. I think his parents and family are "worldly".

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

You should talk to him.....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Quarterback is right about the fact that a lot depends on location. Some B O E are much more laid back about this than others. I have told elders several times what I find wrong with the Borg, but they leave me be. I often attend with Sister Blues..

If this guy is discreet - it was his wife that implied he was non believing - there may be not a lot they can do , even if they want to

• 00DAD
    00DAD

RagingBull: So you noticed a brother who:

• rarely comes to the Hall anymore
    • had a full on goatee, and
    • his wife has expressed to other sisters that he's just "trusting in the Bible and not the Organization so much"

And yet you "wonder how he's making it thru without being DF'd."

I"m confused!?!?! None of those things are disfellowshipping offenses. So why are you wondering?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

#3 is. compare that to your baptism questions, and any article printed in the WT

• 00DAD
    00DAD

At least the way RagingBull worded it I can't see that as actionable, but then I was always more forgiving as an elder. Those that enjoy their witch-hunts would probably chase this guy down and pin him on something they could label as "apostate" by interrogating him thusly:

So Brother Goatee, tell us just what exactly does, "trusting in the Bible and not the Organization so much" mean to you?

Compare to this:

"If a baptized Christian abandons the teachings of Jehovah, as presented by the faithful and discreet slave, and persists in believing other doctrine despite Scriptural reproof, then he is apostatizing. Extended, kindly efforts should be put forth to readjust his thinking." - Letter dated 9/1/1980 "TO ALL CIRCUIT AND DISTRICT OVERSEERS" from the WTBTS of NY, Inc.

Unless the elders can get him to admit to "abandoning the teachings of Jehovah, as presented by the faithful and discreet slave, and persists in believing other doctrine," then there is no real issue. Even then there has to be "scriptural reproof" and "Extended, kindly efforts should be put forth to readjust his thinking" before it is technically a judicial matter.

If someone is evasive and simply says they have doubts and are discouraged then there is technically nothing even the most over-zealous BOEs can do.

That being said, I know there are plenty of elders that "go beyond" even the WTBTS's draconian rules and regulations.

I'm just sayin' is all ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit