I don't get OBVES - do you?

by AK - Jeff 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

It appears that OBVES started a ton of threads 9 years ago here on JWD/JWN. All of them [that I have seen] filled with prophetic utterances regarding determining the END. Over those years, all the dates have failed. Yet about once a week OBVES himself opens those threads and begins 'revision 09-300' of them.

I find it odd that he doesn't even seem to realize what an obvious ass he makes of himself in this regard. He fits in nicely with religion in general though, admittedly. Just keep moving the target and denying that you ever did in spite of the recorded evidence to the contrary.

Well, like I said - I don't get OBVES. Do you?

Jeff

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I dont give a flying fuck about oBvEs.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think he's a lonely man who desperately wants his wish to come true.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I never read his threads so I guess that shows how much I'm concerned about what he writes.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Michael Shermer wrote a very concise but elegant explanation for seeing meaningful information amidst noise and published it under the title 'Patternicity'.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=patternicity-finding-meaningful-patterns

OBVES does seem to have our best interests at heart but it is painful to see logic tortured so.

• wobble
    wobble

I would like to make a study of such an individual if I were Freud or Jung, a fascinating case, and difficult to label with any of the conventinal dignostic labels I would guess.

I think both those estimable gentlemen might quite well come up with the same label : "Pain in the Arse"

• Heaven
    Heaven

OBVES is mentally ill. That's why you don't get him.

• JRK
    JRK

Jeff,

I don't get him either. He is so wrapped up in having answers about the future, that he is pissing all over today. Sad really, but I am afraid that he will never get it.

Most people that think they are divinely inspired should ask their friends for a second opinion. Unfortunately, he may not have any.

JK

• ziddina
    ziddina

OBVES is a classic example of "cognitive dissonance" at its finest...

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

No, it's schizophrenia with mystical delirium. I had a college colleague who was just like him when he was not on medication.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit