"Theocratic Warfare" and the Annual Report

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 141 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

When you sit down and read through the New Testament, is there any hint at all that people were being cajoled and harassed to go d2d each month and turn in time reports to some centralized headquarters?

Were there circuit overseers who traveled from town to town chewing out each of the congregations for not putting in enough witnessing time?

Was it a system driven by fear and guilt and quotas, calling itself a "spiritual paradise"?

Every time I drive by the local KH, it pains me to think of how many people are enslaved to the Watchtower corporation, thinking that this kind of life is biblical Christianity...

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

What year did they stop requiring Bible Study slips?

2006/7 service year.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Was it a system driven by fear and guilt and quotas, calling itself a "spiritual paradise"?
    Ding

yes

Scott77

• BlindersOff1
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Wow, all those years I kept accurate records. It would have been so much easier to simply make numbers up that would have kept the elders off my back.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Oubliette, It was easy enough to tell where honest numbers were really important.

Congregation Financial Accounts: Two brothers are to collect money from the boxes and sign receipts to make sure nothing gets "lost". Expenses must have approval and receipts on file. All accounts are audited within the congregations and thoroughly reexamined during the COs visit. Every cent must be accounted for and balanced.

Congregations Publisher Reports: Haphazard collection from a box, service group conductors, and individual publishers. Almost nobody ever asks to see the cards until the CO visit. No type of audit to check for accuracy. Missing reports and low numbers will be met with harsh words from the CO. Filled records and high numbers will be met with silence or praise. Accuracy of reports are never confirmed.

If having accurate publisher records was really important, they would have arranged for a system to confirm and reward accuracy. Instead, their procedure for recording publisher activity was full of holes that could be stuffed with fake numbers.

The whole procedure is so bizarre to me since WT proudly reports all these publisher totals that are not confirmed or audited for accuracy, yet they don't report WT financial records that would have been carefully tracked and reported at all levels of the organization... well, except for the very top. Financials there are all cloaked in secrecy.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Bill the Ex-Bethlite - "...they don't report WT financial records that would have been carefully tracked and reported at all levels of the organization... well, except for the very top."

Oh, I highly doubt anyone on the GB has an in-depth grasp of the books.

Seriously... how hard would it be for individuals in the financial and legal departments to feed even the top guys jimmied numbers?

• Splash
    Splash

It is now even easier to fudge your ministry hours since that KM which said you can count online witnessing and placements.

No wonder the figures are still increasing.

Splash

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Pretty soon they'll be able to count just thinking about going out in service!

• Black Man
    Black Man

bttt!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit