Workplace dilemma

by Lady Lee 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Moxy
    Moxy

im afraid i agree. this is inappropriate. if the situation were reversed, a JW employee preaching to someone staying, everyone would cry 'foul.'

mox

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Lady Lee-

Follow YOUR heart and do what you feel is right.

Damned if you do and damned if you dont, you will always find critics on this board and in life period who would disagree or find inappropriate either path you choose to take.

If it IS indeed part of your job description, and she voluntarily asked to see information, go for it for you will regret not doing it later.

If it is NOT part of your job description to aid people spiritually or provide counsel, then I can reasonably see how it would be distasteful to do such things on company time.

Its not my choice or anyone else's here, but yours and yours alone. Do what your comfortable with, and let all the advice givers including myself shut up and let you live your life.

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization of hypocrites.

www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html for my new webpage and info!! Im trying to live now!!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    im afraid i agree. this is inappropriate. if the situation were reversed, a JW employee preaching to someone staying, everyone would cry 'foul.'

Yeah but Mox, if the JWs were the ones providing this type of charity, they would have every right to give away their rags to any who are interested. In this case, Lady Lee works for an organization that is a Christian charity. So she has the right to "minister" (I hate that word) to these ladies who are about to get duped out of how many years of their lives?

She is doing them a favor and they do not object. Her approach was pleasant and unimposing. I think she should go for it.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

For those who are critical of my efforts I quote from the Mission Statement that I was required to sign when I was hired

"...Our service is ministry to the total person; spiritual, physical, mental, emotional and social...."

Notice the first priority is spiritual. I have not "preached to her" I offered information with the understanding that she was free to say no and I would never bring this up again. She has left so it is very possible I will never see her again. However her belongings are still at the office and she will be back to pick them up. Most likely I will not be there when she returns. My agreement with her was that I would slip some papers into the front pocket of her bag.

After that it is totally up to her what to do with them. She may throw them out. She may read them. I offered. She said yes.

I believe that what I did was far less harmful that what I did as a JW. I believe my initial concern was because I did not want to offend her. But my job is to help her spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally and socially.

Rejoice in the healing and not in the pain.
    Rejoice in the challenge overcome and not in the past hurts.
    Rejoice in the present - full of love and joy.
    Rejoice in the future for it is filled with new horizons yet to be explored. - Lee Marsh 2002

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

As a JW pioneer I was never to fond of the Adam-to-Armageddon sermon on the first call. Usually it was establish some common ground, gain the person's confidence and plant a seed.

I wouldn't overload these poor ladies with tons of info. More than likely they won't read it all and if they tell the JW they finally meet up with about it...it's gone.

I would tell them about the thousands of people you have met online and in person who's lives and families have been destroyed because of the strict rules this man-made organization places on it's members. How because of a member's personal opinion or habit (smoking, gambling, drinking, or reading information online) they could be kicked out and never talked to again even by their own family members.

I would also say something like...do you know that JWs do not believe that Jesus is their mediator? or that....JWs think they are they only ones who will be saved...even though Jesus said all that believed in him would be saved.

Give them a strong but simple message they can carry away with them along with your phone number if they have any questions.

Just a thought.

Wick

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

I'm pretty sure Naeblis is kidding, Naeblis himself dosen't exactly work the entire time he is at work....

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

No, there are downtimes of course :) I work with computers. It's my JOB to work with computers and help people. But you don't see me directing people to anti-Macintosh sites do you? Even if she "asked" for it. What you are doing is inappropriate. You know it, or else you wouldn't have asked in the first place.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Lady Lee, All,

Was it exposure to information that caused you to discontinue to associate with the Watch Tower Corporation's agents?

Information was not the reason I continued my association so long, nor was information the reason I discontinued my association. I continued in spite of information and I left in spite of information.

I stayed a member because I wanted to, and I left because I wanted to.

The reason I left initially was my emotions. I got very angry whenever I attended a group meeting because of the outright lying that came from the platforms as well as the obvious difference between teachings and behaviors.

The Witness people preached honesty and lied like bed wetters. The Witness people preached love and maintained a well oiled hate machine. Lies were the name and hate was the game.

Factual, objective information was helpful in helping me challenge my Witness implanted core beliefs. Beliefs that were flawed. Beliefs that were based on tradition and superstition. Beliefs that were based on dead men's delusions. Beliefs that were based on my parent's ignorance and fear of life and fear of death.

Living life is intimidating to many people and they look for ways to avoid the responsibilities as well as look for ways to justify avoiding the opportunities. If failure is the goal, if hate is love, if illusion is reality, if poverty is the ideal, if aspiration is to the insignificant . . . then fools can compete, accomplish, and possibly even be happy.

Facts were important to me in establishing a rational personality and a set of ethics that allows me to live comfortably.

For females, the blood medical treatment guideline, required by the Watch Tower Corporation, is the only dangerous element in association with the Witnesses. If they understand that requirement and still want to join the group then I way best of luck to em. May they live long happy lives.

For adult males, the military service issue is probably not an issue. For adolescent males it is an issue.

The Watch Tower Corporation life is really an adult life and when entered into by competent adults I see no problem. On the other hand, the Watch Tower Corporation life is a horrible as well as dangerous life for all children. Many are abused by their own parents with Watch Tower Corporate approval. They are outcasts in public schools and playgrounds. They face premature deaths in medical emergencies due to the blood medical treatment guidelines set by the Watch Tower Corporation. They give up evenings and family and sleep and they live not free with a fear of impending doom that they really do not understand.

I would happily see a million adults freely join the Corporation if I could see one child spared that life.

gb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit