Anybody got a full 1967 Awake set?

by Teary Oberon 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

Anybody got the full year's worth of Awakes for 1967 that they would be willing to share?

The 1967 Awake set is the only year that I am lacking before 1970. I've seen a partial set floating around, but never the full year though

• Alfred
    Alfred

Teary...

Why do you need one?

Some of your previous posts lead me to believe that you're quite possibly a WT apologist...

So I have to ask... Are you on some kind of mission for the WT? Would that mission possibly include helping them erase their history?

Just asking...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

No. sorry. My watchtower collection went back to 1960 but not the Awakes!

When I exited the watchtower I took boxes full of bound volumes to the recycling plant. Too many trees wasted already so I figured I'd put something back into the system.

Mind you, I've been selling my Rutherford collection on ebay then spending the money on Marvel comics.

Most happifying!

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

Hello,

I have a recent 1967 hard copy set I received. It takes quite awhile to scan it, but if you are patient within a few months I will have it available for you and others.

• Alfred
    Alfred

ITSY - BITSY

I know you brain is bigger than that... Check out Teary Oberon's previous posts before you go through that kind of trouble...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The 1968 Watchtowers and Awakes are best..

They Advertise 1975..

Advertising 1975 made the WBT$ look really bad..

The WBT$ would like to forget about 1975 but..

We won`t let them..

http://www.jwfacts.com/images/w68_1975.JPG

........................... ...OUTLAW

• james_woods
    james_woods
    But wait! How do we know their calculations are correct? What basis is there for saying Adam was created nearly 5,993 years ago?

Good GAWD - you could not make this stuff up in your wildest dreams...

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Curious here; you say "Awake set." Are you looking for individual magazines for the whole year, or will a bound volume do?

If a bound volume is ok, they can be found on ebay for a few dollars plus a shipping fee of about $4, if you are in the USA, and if you want English. They don't come up every day, but if you watch it for a few weeks, you will find one.

The individual magazines are much harder to find.

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

"Teary...Why do you need one? Some of your previous posts lead me to believe that you're quite possibly a WT apologist..."

Why does Teary's opinion on theology matter here? Teary is asking primarily as a historian and a collector, not an 'apologist.' And besides, everybody here would benifit from a link to a full 1967 set wouldn't they?

"Hello,

I have a recent 1967 hard copy set I received. It takes quite awhile to scan it, but if you are patient within a few months I will have it available for you and others."

I think that people would just absolutely fall in love with you if you scanned it for them. Because it seems that at this point in time, the full year sets of Awakes are available in PDF format (from various sites) for every year except 1967...heck, even Atlantis only had a few issues for 1967 in her big list of Awake download links. So there is definitely a need just from a digital preservation standpoint.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I'm beginning to think that OBVES was writing for them in 1968 OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit