Who really is the "faithful and discreet slave."

by EmptyInside 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

In a recent Watchtower Magazine the GB said that those anointed (of the F&DS) were not to consider themselves above the Elders. Their theocratic chart does not show this to be the case.

• El Nunya
    El Nunya

It can't really be explained or understood.....you know, it's a 'mystery', kind of like the Trinity.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The slave printed in a recent Watchtower that many of the 11,202 people who partook of the emblems in 2010 are either emotionally or mentally unbalanced or suffer from both conditions.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Honesty: Here's the source and full quote:

"Memorial partakers. This is the number of baptized individuals who partake of the emblems at the Memorial worldwide. Does this total represent the number of anointed ones on earth? Not necessarily. A number of factors-including past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance-might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling. We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers, for it does not maintain a global network of anointed ones." - w2011 8/15 p. 22

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Reading the above quote again, it does strike me as funny that this tidbit of spiritual food came from the faithful slave who does not know or care who they themselves are.

Make sense?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

BOC: Yes it makes sense. I completely agree with the GB on this point.

I'm completely sure that some of the anointed are suffering from some sort of "mental or emotional imbalance". In fact, there are seven of them in particular that immediately come to mind!!!

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

From the parable it seems the lesson learned is "Be good to Christ's followers and you will be rewarded".

The society has piled presumption upon assumption and created an inexplicable mess you get disfellowshiped for not beliving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit