Do you believe in past lives??

by watersprout 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I like the "past atoms" comment.

Most of the atoms on this planet are recycled over and over - only a small amount of "new" matter reaches earth from space. I don't "believe in" anything but I also don't rule out the possibility of some sort of "atomic memory" going on. Do molecules from a person become part of soil which nourishes grass which is eaten by a cow which is eaten by another person? Perhaps quite regularly. At this point, however, there is no reason to think (no evidence) atoms and molecules from a living being possess ability to "remember" beyond the death of that being.

So if it was real, that's probably how it would work (because there is even less evidence for a spirit world-afterlife) but pending evidence I see no reason to believe in it.

On a different but related note. We can't even trust our OWN memories of THIS life as accurate representations of true events. Remembering OTHER lives in the PAST would be a crap-shoot even if it was real.

• Oculus Aeternam
  • Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

2nd blank post for you Oculus Aeternam you may need to open a different brouser.... firewall

Ummm... I don't believe but like others have said.... now post ex-jw I try to have an open mind and I don't judge what others believeFS

• Twitch
    Twitch

No, I don't believe in reincarnation any more than I believe my "soul" can live forever in some form.

Carpe diem

• watersprout
    watersprout

Lol Shelby (the greatest love and peace to you) I always type my words back to front. I will indeed go to our Lord and thank you for indulging my curiosity..

I know about spirits being woken from their sleep and taking possession in the one who has woken them.... That distresses me!

I didn't know about good spirits being sent to do ''good works''... I will ask our Lord as I have quite a few questions about that... Well you know me with my questions, I always have a least ten on one subject lol!

Thank you Shel, you have answered what I wanted to know about EliJAH.

Aaaaah I understand the ''past atoms'' comment now. Thanks MS!

We can't even trust our OWN memories of THIS life as accurate representations of true events. Remembering OTHER lives in the PAST would be a crap-shoot even if it was real.

Exactly! Couldn't have put it better myself!

FS I think it's great we can all post our views and thoughts without being judged, well some like to pass judgment, but we just ignore those ones lol!

Twitch I don't believe in reincarnation, but I do believe in our spirit sleeping when we die, to await the 1st resurection and for some the 2nd.

Peace

• AGuest
    AGuest
    any more than I believe my "soul" can live forever in some form

The soul... which is the physical body (thus, it either become a living soul... or is a dead soul)... does not live forever, dear Twitch (peace to you!). It is only the spirit (and spirit body - "white robe") - that has that possibility. The first is mortal... and so must either die or be changed to second... which is immortal.

I hope this helps and, again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Violia
    Violia

Yes it was an interesting dream. I was in my 20's when the dream occurred and it felt very different than an ordinary dream. I felt very shaken by the dream .

Many people report having visited the Akashic records. I visited once, also during my 20's. It was a vivid experience that I never forgot. I was not trying to get there, I just stumbled upon them or was brought there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_records

I recall at the Watchtower meetings reading that we should strive to be in a prayerful state . It is a state of constant connection God.. I st rived to do this and began to feel as if connected to Jehovah as if by a cord. I later learned this was called the Silver Cord and may others had also experienced this too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_cord

so, you are studying to do Crystal energy work? I have only had a cursory look at this.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

The concept Intrigues me.......

but.... No I don't.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    so, you are studying to do Crystal energy work? I have only had a cursory look at this.

Yes I am, got my final module next month. Can't wait to get it finished... Taken me ages. It's very interesting, I love it.

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit