Were Jesus Christ Alive Today, who would he hang out with?

by HintOfLime 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

That I am so undeserving of His Grace and yet He STILL "hangs out with me", still blows my mind at times.

Trust me, it blows our minds too.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I love the "why" question! As much as I believe in Christ, once I calmed down about hanging with the Superstar, I'd take him on a tour of sexually abused children, cancer wards, burn units, war zones, starvation zones, domestic violence scenes and ask why. I'm not talking about Jesus of Nazareth, the carpenter. Rather, I am talking about Jesus Christ, the Risen Incarnate God. I would expect no answer in the same way that Job received no answer. God did appear to Job out of the whirlwind. It would be more of a We love you and we worship you. Explain yourself. If he started with who created the crocodile, I'd say that his answer was not good enough.

The Second Coming is interference on earth. I suffered in utter agony for decades. He would know that a simplistic answer would not satisfy me. Also, I would never worship Him merely because he was JC the Superstar. He was half human. Jesus of Nazareth felt pain, anguish, family trouble ----Jehovah has no concept of what humanity is. Jesus has first hand experience. I want an answer from his human side.

I see Jesus spending almost no time with organized religion. He would be with the outcasts. If he did Barbara Walters or Oprah, though, I would have a fit and become Jewish or Buddhist.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

So you TOO would like God to take over ?

• shamus100
    shamus100

I always picture Jesus as a stoner. Don't know why, but there it is.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Its the hair and sandals, they don't fool anyone.

• shamus100
    shamus100

We had a drug dealer that looked just like Jesus in a town I was in.

That's what we called him - Jesus. He also made wishes come true with illicit drugs. If that was your thing.

It was hard not to call him Jesus because he stuck out like a sore thumb. Plus I heard the weed he sold was out of this world. Truly a blessing from pacha-mama. :D

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Then there is the guy in The Hangover that the cops call "fat jesus", it's the beard I think.

• designs
    designs

If Jesus is god hasn't he by definition already 'taken over' everything unless you subscribe to the Monty Python model where there are holes in the universe.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

It seems that the issue is that YOU don't care for how Jesus and God are "ruling", yes?

So how exactly do you think that Jesus should rule?

Dictator? Benevolent dictator? ( if there is such a thing), Totalitarian leader? Liberal ruler? SUpreme king?

• designs
    designs

All that we can be certain of is what can be tested for by various scientific methods and mathematical models and those don't suggest a anthropomorphic being exists or is ruling. If someone like a Jesus where around today he could help out in any number of social and environmental causes per his Jewish upbringing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit