You're not supposed to contact Ex-JWs children at all?

by Hairyhegoat 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Kerberos
    Kerberos

Does anyone have a reference to the articles? My mother-in-law is on her way out because of the way my parents are acting toward my wife and I and she recently wanted to "re-read" the stance the Watchtower is taking. If you have any references / copies that would be great. It will cement her exodus from The Borg.

• JRK
    JRK

My sister (the one I used to be close to) called the house the other day to talk to my mother. Instead of saying "Hi JK, can I speak to Mom?" she acted like I was a receptionist, saying this after I said hello: May I speak to (Mom's first name)? I guess I can't even be greeted now on the telephone, even for necessary business.

JK

• ziddina
    ziddina

Kerberos, I think that Blondie - among others - have done analyses of the article. I don't think it's still available on the "official" Watchtower Society's magazine website - at least, not in "hard" copy [pdf]... However, there might still be an audio recording available - my computer tends to get "stuck" when I try to run such audios, but if yours has no problems with audio, you could play it for your mother-in-law...

Hope this helps...

Zid

P.S. Here's the link to that website...

http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=nBZR

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I sorta wonder if this rule just gives some folks an imaginary "Im better than you "hat? My sister was always jealous of me,even when I got baptised{at 11} she had desparaging remarks to make.Now she can be the coldhearted bitch that she really is and be applauded for it.Of course,none of her 3 sons are baptised,and have dumped wives w/babies,dealt drugs and many other low life things,but as she says,"Thank god they never got baptised"! I hate this hypocrasy more and more.The older I get,the more I see that we need eachother,warts and all.I dont need her tho...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit