You're not supposed to contact Ex-JWs children at all?

by Hairyhegoat 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

The Society has been cracking down hard on parents having contact with children who have left. For a long time, it was kind of a "wink-wink" thing with the "necessary family business" loophole, and a lot of families found some relief with that.

But in the latest magazines and assembly parts, they're making it crystal-clear that pretty much nothing except a death in the family counts as "necessary family business". And even then, you probably wouldn't be invited to the funeral.

The key is, they don't actually define what "necessary family business" is in the article. Which makes people feel guilty about any contact with a DF'd family member, and error on the side of caution instead.

Like everything else the Society does, it's all passive-aggressive guilt-tripping. Saying things without actually saying anything.

Have you had experience of this ?

HHG

• blondie
    blondie

The biggest offenders of this "rule" are elders and they cover for each other. I can remember a sister and her jw husband seeing an elder pick up his df'd son daily to go to work. When they told the elders, the elders said it was "necessary family business" and told the couple to mind their own business that the elders had the situation under control and they were not to mention it to anyone....eh, how weird is that.

I'm sure the WTS knows who the real offenders are and that the rank and file imitate them.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Is it just DF'ed or DA'ed kids, or does it apply to us inactive but not-so-secretly apostate ones, too??

• red21
    red21

I was at a funeral about a year ago, maybe this was before this new light! The entire family is very self-righteous and the father that died was an elder. They had a son that and grandson that were DF'd. They were allowed to come to the funeral at the KH but not the after service dinner wake. Interestingly, the entire family laughed and joke with them as you would expect...no indication of any concern about his DF'ing. They came over to our room later and we all hung out and had drinks...even other family members! So, I found it really strange but I was so glad to spend time with them and we had a great time. They all live in different parts of the country, so once he went home, any general association was over but for a few days, it was nice to see everyone ACT like family!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One more directive from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger that is to be misinterpreted and mis-applied at hounder levels. And, if they catch you doing it, you are in for an all-expense paid trip to the back room. Yet, they can do the exact same thing and get away with it. Corruption among the hounders.

• Think About It
    Think About It

A lot of JW's grown DF/DA'd children see the BS behind the JW religion. The cracking down on association with DF/DA'd children might be an attempt to keep them from learning the truth about the troof.

Think About It

• facebeauty
    facebeauty

that's might be possible.

• ziddina
    ziddina

My heart weeps for those who, like Flipper, are "out" while still having family 'in'...

On the other side of the coin, however, this means that my absolutely malicious, vicious, destructive Jehovah's Witness parents probably won't be sending me "almost" birthday cards, anymore...

I was getting mighty sick of that yearly reminder of their hypocrisy...

Zid

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

my absolutely malicious, vicious, destructive Jehovah's Witness parents

Yes, I do wonder if my life would improve upon being DFd.

I know of an elder who was removed because of eating breakfast with his DFd son who worked for the family business... so I guess not all of them get away with it.

• shepherd
    shepherd

"The biggest offenders of this "rule" are elders"

I totally agree. I saw that happen time after time. If they were clever/popular elders, the erring relative was not even DF'd or DA'd at all but just allowed to fade - especially if they lived in another town.

But if you did not have the 'protection' of a pet family elder it was a very different matter...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit