Do you know the oldest Kingdom Hall personally that still exist today?

by Iamallcool 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    Old or new, still no windows!

I think this is an American thing. Lots of KHs in Australia have windows.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I was down in the Atlanta area last year and I remember seeing that KH! I visited a friend who lived in Decatur.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I believe the one in Roseto Pennsylvania was built in the 1950's. They have a 'watch' tower and everything.

• blondie
    blondie

Half the KHs in this area have windows. (US)

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

The first Kingdom hall in this area to be built without windows caused quite a stir in the neighborhood. Everyone wanted to know,"Why no windows?"

So a few months ago ,they installed one,small window. I think buildings look awful without windows,but I understand it in areas where there is a lot of crime. But,this was in the country.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I always found it odd that our area had windowless Halls...and if they had windows they were faux and you couldn't see outside. Always made me wonder if they were designed so JW's wouldn't get distracted by activities outside. I also remember my non-JW relatives commenting on the lack of windows in KH's. Maybe it was just a CA thing...

• dgp
    dgp

I would like to know whether Kingdom Halls in Thailand have no windows :-).

One night in Bangkok, anyone?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My kingdom hall in Cleveland had many windows. Big ones.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Didn't mean to derail the thread with the window side issue...I'll let everyone get back to the age of the buildings.

• factfinder
    factfinder

The KH I first attended was built in the 1950's and is still being used today. It was remodeld in the 90's- they did a nice job. It was a cozy KH- I have fond memories of going there all those years ago.

The KH did have windows but vandels broke them often so in the remodel-no more windows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit