Notification Of Disfellowshipping Or Disassociation Forms

by Bangalore 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Perhaps the Pharisees could get a few tips from the WT.

Bangalore

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

That appears to be the UK form. I've never seen that one.

The US form is much simpler, basically just "why was he disfellowshipped" after the name, congregation, etc.

Yes, notice the code in the bottom left-hand corner of Pg 1. [S77 Br 8/00] = Form S77 Br=British Branch Last revision Aug 2000.

In the US there is just a 5in x 7in card that is forwarded to US Branch. All the "notes" from the JC Meeting are maintained in the congregation's "private" file at the Kingdom Hall, as the US has no Freedom of Information Act which pertains to religious organizations so there is no risk of someone ever seeking and obtaining access to their Judicial Committee File. Unfortunately, this means that any nosy elder can access the file and see the seal envelopes of who has been the subject of past JCs. A real nosy one could attempt to unseal the envelopes and read all the juicy "facts" contained in the notes. Considering the fact that you know some of these guys are worse than any woman (forgive the sexist remark) for being nosy and gossipping, that should tell you that the unseal & reseal has happened more than once.

What would happen in the US if someone who had a "secret sin" confessed and then find out it "leaked" out to someone beyond the 3 elders on the JC.

Hey "Band On The Run" or some other Legal Beagle, would that be cause for a lawsuit for damage to their reputation? Even though it would not be slander (assuming what was conveyed was true), didn't they have the right to privacy. Ecclesiastical Privledge and all being violated.

DOC

• nugget
    nugget

Interesting to see that they are interested to know when I die. Quite frankly it is none of their business.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I want to thank Bangalore for posting this. While the British form is more comprehensive, the fact that the U.S. card has accompanying notes that spell out the details and are kept in a confidential Kingdom Hall location shows the mindset on the question of disfellowshipping is universal. This disgusting kind of bureaucratic "theocracy" is just one more piece of evidence that I did the right thing in turning my back on this religion.

Quendi

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

It is interesting that there is not a "tick" box for: Has the accused threatened to seek legal counsel and bring suit against the members of the JC? (The WTBTS will NOT fund any defense against such action, you are on your own.)

MTM

• lola-rabbit
    lola-rabbit

It all sounds so judgmental!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Ah, those "special blue envelopes" !

I do now so regret the times that I sent one off to Bethel after a Committee hearing and some poor Joe had his family life ruined .....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit