Long time lurker, but new here.

by ICUstaryn 26 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome ICU.

My Dad got the 'trooof' when he came out of the armed forces after WW2. Then after he married Mom she converted. As I grew up it was a weird mixture of hard lined JDubism mixed with more liberal stuff. Dad was a good guy. He taught me the 'Lord's prayer' from the KJV rather than the NWT!! Mom is still alive, not shunning me yet pioneering still. It's now all she has.

My wife didn't wake up when I did and is now more zealous than ever she was when I was an elder. Overcompensating I suppose.

Life gets complicated out of proportion because of this filthy cult. We're all best out and awake rather than dreaming about a delusional hope!

So. welcome and please contribute to threads and stuff.

Regards Paolo

• JRK
    JRK

ICU, welcome to JWN!

Ah yes, Holt. I got the heebie jeebies watching that video. I am an Indiana boy that went there, back in the days when circuit assemblies were fun. Not the assembly itself, but the things we did afterward. I remember when Michigan had a drinking age of 18, compared to Indiana's 21. I wonder what we did at night after the sessions?

Of course those days were a long time ago. All fun has been purged from the religion. As well as thought.

We occasionally have meetups in the area, there are a lot of good ex-JW around here. Let me know by PM if you would like to meet others.

JK

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

It feels good doesn't it to just sit down here and join in

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

NUGGET: ...we don't have the same road to Damascus experience

Welcome ICU.

Nugget, I love that expression. Consider it plagiarized.

DOC

• ICUstaryn
    ICUstaryn

Thanks guys! I feel all warm and fuzzy now. I think nugget hit the nail on the head. I remember how my grandmother would talk about how she, her sister, and her mother studied with an anoited sister and brother from that time. She would say that as soon as she heard it that she "knew" this was the truth and never looked back. Years later my cousin tried to talk to my grandmother about the watchtower doctrine and the cognitive dissonance was unbelievable. I was there in person to watch. I like to think that one my family's saving graces was my grandfather. He was a WWII vet and never baught into their crap. He would talk to my sister and I as kids about the doctrine and ask us questions trying to get us to think. I remember some of that very well. It worked. Those were some awesome mustard seeds. He would be pleased that 4 out of 5 grandkids are not nor will ever be apart of the borg.

• Thor
    Thor

Hello and welcome!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit