Is POLYGAMY ever justifiable? I say yes, Yes, and YES!!!!!!

by Judge Dread 29 Replies latest jw friends

• jws
    jws

Wanting more than one woman and marrying them are two different things.

I know some trios that seem to work out fine. Whatever works out for all involved. 1 guy, 2 girls. 2 girls, 1 guy. Or even 2 girls, 1 cup.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

Yes, as long as everyone is a consenting adult.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

a man will marry woman if thats the only way he could have a variety of woman to have sex with them

• FlyingHighNow
  • Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Having read some pretty harrowing accounts I'd say no - not because polygamy itself is the issue (I'm all for consenting adults doing whatever they want) but the reason is that to support polygamy as a regular institution society needs to align itself to suppress the rights of women and younger men; one to be used as a commodity and 'traded' from one family to another and the other to be forever denied lawful sex and marriage.

So no. No institution of polygamy but then again I'd be willing to let marriage go as another symbol of ownership and control from a soon to be bygone age but that's another thread.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Yes, if it improves the lives of those involved.

Think About It

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It is in the nature of woman to want to have more than one man.

A woman cannot help herself. She was born that way.

If it was legal, women would have multiple husbands, two, three, maybe ten if she could stand it. She'd also would make sure one was a chef and one a massuese and that one or two of them be gifted. At least one would be fabulously wealthy so they all could vacation in Shangrila.

That's all.

• watson
    watson

Dream on FHN. :)

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

support polygamy as a regular institution society needs to align itself to suppress the rights of women and younger men

Society doesn' t have to support polygamy... It would just have to make it legal... and it wouldn't require supressing anyones rights... The only possible supression I could think of is that hospital visitation would require a major overhaul to allow for multiple spouses. Polygamy is simply having multiple husbands/wives. The issues that you speak of have to do with certain cultures that condone polygamy. On the other hand, there is a minority of people that are forced not to marry because of their multiple consenting partners.

Of course, gay marriage is a more immediately pressing issue when you're talking about minorities not being allowed to marry.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I do have to say I watch "sister wives" when it's on.... Post JW life I try to have a non-judgemental view..... I just personally would find "sharing" hard to do...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit