Ireland Bethel up for sale

by Mattieu 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

http://www.wicklowpeople.ie/news/jehovahs-witnesses-hq-goes-on-market-2910987.html

Whenever a new branch or k/hall is built, its always proof that supposedly J is blessing his people and speeding up the work. Does that mean when they have to close a bethel branch it means he is pissed off with "his people"????

And oh, with the money they make on the sale, will they give it all back to those who gave the donations or those who volunteered "free labour" on this project??

• Mattieu
  • palmtree67
    palmtree67

Why are they selling off everything?

• designs
    designs

Another facility (built with our money) not being used for Senior Care, Child Care, School, apartments etc., are the GB really that bad at business.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Another facility (built with our money)

Built in 1996????? . . . that's only a 15 year turn around!

Now I'm really starting to wonder . . . are these properties being built with free labour really just an investment?

• hotspur
    hotspur

Good point sizemik... I smell a rat also!

• designs
    designs

Makes you wonder, in the US for-profit corps. would pay capital gains taxes, they are abusing their non-profit tax exempt status.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Interesting point also designs . . . a quick google tells me Ireland has a capital gains tax of 25% and charities naturally are exempt.

New properties rose in value from 1996-2006 by an average 250% . . . and have been falling gradually since then.

At €4.5M with an initial free labour factor of around 30% . . . they stand to profit around €3-3.5M net conservatively on an outlay of €1.0M

Not bad for 15 years.

• wobble
    wobble

Palm "Why are they selling off everything?"

43 million reasons.

• designs
    designs

Somehow in the twisted mindset of the GB running Senior Care facilities for their aging members is Anathema because it means the End Is Not Near.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit