Does anyone have a well worded DA Letter prepared?

by Jomavrick 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Not that I cant write up something myself, but I figure why try and reinvent the wheel? I think it is time to cross that bridge. Thank you!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

First, please tell us your goal. This is important.

-LWT (of the letter-writing class)

• Voices
    Voices

Give em a taste of their own logical Falliacy

Dear GB

I would like to inform you that I will no longer be associated with your organization. I feel as though this is the best solution and if I don't do this, I'll end up like my friend who was suppose to write an essay for his English class but he didn't...and BAM! Herpes.

Sincerely,

Me

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Don't do anything. Just walk away.

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Well my intention is to fully enjoy Christmas for the first time in my life. I know if I do that, with 20,000 christmas lights on the house, rein deers in my yard and 20" Christmas tree in my house, there will be a JD meeting before I could say HO HO. So I guess I am trying to beat them to the punch, if that makes sense,,,,

• Shador
    Shador
    20,000 christmas lights on the house, rein deers in my yard and 20" Christmas tree in my house

That, right there, would be the most awesome DA letter in and of itself. Almost like a big middle finger to the borg. "FU, I'm having fun."

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

1. Nobody is going to actually read the letter. So, it can be as brief as 'I am no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Please do not contact me ever again."

2. If you write a letter, you will be considered an APOSTATE. You will be shunned by 99.9% of JWs. Even disfellowshipped people and inactive ones will shun you. If there is one single JW you wish to remain in contact with, you should not write a letter. Even your closest JW friends/family will shun you.

My letter is here. It was very therapeutic for me, but nobody read it.

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Thanks for your input and letter Leavingwt!

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

I have mine written out for the spring of next year.

Date:

Dear Brothers of the ------- Congregation,

Effective immediately, I no longer consider myself a volunteer/member of the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Thankyou,

Name

There really is no need for an explanation as to why...if you do explain how you feel, you just open the door to slander and increase the chances of your family never talking to you. Check your ego at the door and move on.

• DT
    DT

Here are a few random ideas. They might not all apply or be a good idea.

Send a letter threatening legal action if they take any action or make any announcements. (There are some well worded examples floating around.)

Send a letter resigning from the local congregation, but stating you wish to remain a Jehovah's Witness. (They will probably make an announcement anyways, but it might cause some confusion in the meantime as they consider all the legal implications.)

Go to a meeting and announce it yourself while giving a comment.

Send letters to your friends and relatives, but not the elders. They will still find out, but just won't be the first to know.

Get an ad in your local paper saying you resign from the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Tell the local elders that there was a problem with your baptism and you wish to be rebaptised. Get them to agree and then back down at the last minute. Then tell them that they agreed that your original baptism was invalid and therefore they have no authority over you.

Send a letter to the local elders saying that the Governing Body have disassociated themselves by their actions (UN, denying the Faithful and Discreet Slave or other reason of your choice.) and that you no longer recognize their authority or the authority of their representatives.

Ask that your records be transferred to another congregation, thereby preventing the local congregation from being involved in any judicial actions.

Send a letter stating that you no longer wish to be known as a Jehovah's Witness, but claim you are a Jehova's Witness (or Jehovah's witness or other variation). Insist that any announcement about you include the exact spelling of Jehovah's Witnesses so that they aren't guilty of slander. Say that you will sue for any announcement indicating that you are not a Jehova's Witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit