Witness plays Gov. Body Samuel Herd talk for me.....is he mentally ill??

by Witness 007 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

I HAVE THE TALK. IT SOUNDS LIKE SAM HERD?? ANOTHER THOUGHT AS WELL. HE IS NOT ALWAYS KNOWN FOR BEING KIND... PERSONALLY HE MADE A COMMENT TO ME ONE TIME THAT WAS BOTH IGNORANT AND INSENSATIVE. HE LIKES HIS BEER AND WINE.... AND DOESN'T MIND LOOKING DOWN HIS NOSE AT WHOEVER. NOTHING WRONG WITH BEER AND WINE, NOTHING WRONG WITH MAKING COMMENTS OCCASIONALLY THAT OFFEND OTHERS...EVERYONE DOES AND SHOULD THEN APOLOGIZE IF AWARE OF IT. BUT SINCE TALKING WITH OTHERS WHO HAVE KNOWN HIM, THEY HAVE HAD THE SAME COMMENTS AND OBSERVATIONS ABOUT HIM. I WILL TRY TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF WHO GAVE THE TALK FOR SURE??

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

This talk was passed around Australia as being Sam Herd. On the new Society DVD he sounds the same.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I was given a cd of the talk by an elder in my hall to help me with my depression over all the child molesters that had moved into the hall, he clearly has it marked as being by Same Herd. It did not help my depression only made it worse, I listened to it about three times to try to understand what was so great about it. Each time it I listened it just seemed more crazy.

LITS

• life is to short
    life is to short

Some how I got a e in the name Sam sorry I truly meant by Sam Herd, not Same Herd.

LITS

• jehu or jehonadab
    jehu or jehonadab

I have this talk and it is not Sam Herd. It is Elwood Johnson a Circuit Overseer, Sam Herd is not that powerfull of a speaker.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hoo Hoooo HOoooooo!!!

Thank you very much, Witness 007, for starting this thread!!!

There are some real "gems" in that talk...

From the transcript:

"Generally speaking, when an emergency occurs, when a crisis happens, people fall back on what they know. They don’t reach back and get something they don’t know. They fall back on what they know. ...."

Ironically, this far more accurately describes the Governing Body's current actions in response to the "emergency" or "crisis" being faced by the Watchtower Corporation, right now; as opposed to the emergency preparedness plans in place within most major cities...

The Watchtower Corporation is falling back upon what they "know" - that is, to attempt to maintain membership and contribution levels by continuing to scare people into obedience and claim that "Armageddon" is just around the corner - AGAIN!!!

As opposed to emergency preparedness plans which have frequently been designed by city engineers to deal with possible threats - which are usually based on HYPOTHETICAL PROJECTIONS of the level of destruction that may be wrought by earthquakes, flood, tsunamis, tornados, and other natural disasters... In such cases, city planners usually DON'T have much that they "know", to fall back on - they've mostly got projections and estimates of how bad things will be...

The Watchtower Corporation's self-exposing stupidity strikes again!!!

They can't see beyond their own noses, and are CONSTANTLY projecting their own shortcomings onto "worldly" sources and authorities, and attacking that "straw-man" instead of honestly dealing with their own flaws and faults....

I'm going back to read more of that talk's transcript!! Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

And of course the sisters - 'wimmin', in the parlance of Rutherford's era - are targeted most specifically...

"...Now, this is very important, because once that time hits, what will you and I need? What will we need then when we see this system coming to the conclusion - will it be a new car? Will you need a new house? Will you need a new pair of shoes? A new coat? A new bottle of perfume? Will you need the latest toiletries or a fancy hairdo? Will you need a new dress? ..."

There are eight "bad" materialistic things mentioned there - a car, house, shoes, coat, perfume, toiletries, fancy hairdo, dress - and at LEAST four of them are specifically for the sisters - and if you were to count that "new pair of shoes", that means the greater portion of this clucking admonition is aimed at the 'wimmin'... I guess men - brothers - just aren't as spiritually 'weak', not being made in the image of "Eve" and all that...

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...And they're going to find the college professors. "You told us that if we listened to you, we will have earth's good things. And now the stock market has crashed, money is of no value. You told us that if we just get this education we'll have good in life. And now we have no treasures stored up with God and we're facing this great thing called Armageddon that Jehovah's witnesses talked about all along." And they're going to finish them off. ..."

Good grief...

There are so many things wrong with this statement, that I almost don't know where to start... Someone commented on this on the first page of this thread, pointing out how the Watchtower Corporation's hostility towards college educations shows through so clearly here...

First of all, this man's bloodthirsty attitude is practically slavering through, here... He - or the Watchtower writers - are having vicarious thrills at the thought of those college-educated professors [who have demonstrated the inaccuracies and blithering stupidity of Watchtower bible translation, biblical dating of 607 instead of 586-87, their ignorance of medical procedures, and so on...] being torn apart by crowds of humanity who have FINALLY realised that the Watchtower was right all along... Without benefit of ANY college degrees - well, except for Freddie Franz and a few Watchtower lawyers and accountants...

Secondly, "if we listened to you, we will have earth's good things..." WHAT??? Wait a sec - WHAT was that again??? It's as if the Watchtower boys never figured out that colleges turn out degreed professionals in areas besides financial planners, stock analysts, and bankers...

W - T - FRICK?????

Yeah, paleontologists are really on the 'fast-track' to financial wealth... And teachers... And law officers... And social workers... And archaeologists... And volcanologists... And astronomers... And marine biologists... And on and on and on...

Again, what we're actually seeing here, is the internal mentality of the Watchtower higher-ups... It certainly isn't connected with any actual real REALITY...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, and one gets a VERY CLEAR picture of which members the Watchtower Corporation judges as unworthy and most likely to be destroyed when Jesus comes back...

"...Once that sign of the Son of man appears in the heavens, where Jesus sits down on his glorious throne, he will judge you and I at that point in history as to whether or not you are actually a sheep or a goat. .... You will not be able to say to Jesus, "Oh Jesus, wait a minute, I'm disfellowshipped.Wait a minute, let me get reinstated." Oh no! Oh no! You see, all the evidence will have been brought into the court as to who you are and what you are as a person. And once he sits down, you will not be able to change your record. Not one iota!
    So can you say, "Well Jesus, you know, I was an irregular publisher. Give me a little time, let me..." No! "I meant to turn my..." No! "I meant to..." No! "I.." No! ...everything that you were from here back will be dragged into that courtroom and Jesus will judge it right then and right there, and you and I will not be able to alter that situation. Not one iota! It will be finished! The judgment will be rendered, it will be cut and dry. You will either be a sheep or a goat. You will not be able to make any adjustment to the judgment. ..."

First of all, he starts out by saying, "he will judge you and I..." but when the judgement occurs, you're the only one mentioned as standing alone in front of "da Judge": "as to whether or not YOU are actually a sheep or a goat..."

There's no "and I" in THAT SECTION of the sentence...

And then, there's the two categories - disfellowshipped and irregular publisher. Guess we can tell upon which rung of the congregation's status ladder THOSE two are on...!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Punk of Nice would have SO much fun with this talk!!!

I've got to run - feed animals and grocery shop...

Have fun!!

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit