Some pretty blatant stuff coming up in bookstudy

by agent zero 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• agonus
    agonus

LOL. Maybe the Nazis will come back in their flying saucers from their secret base on Mars and take their Aryan pals back to Thule, or Antarctica, or wherever the hell it is they're from.

• finallysomepride
  • free2beme
    free2beme

I knew people who would eat this stuff up, hook line and sinker. Would have seen nothing wrong with it. Although, I must say, this is really not all that new. Thoughts like this was always around and there, just said in a little more bold way from time to time.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

I tried to read the quotes but all I could see was "OBEY OBEY OBEY OBEY OBEY"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

SO! what have we seen thus far?

'Apostates' are 'mentally diseased'and should be slaughtered by the 'Jehu class', the 'anointed' are nuts, the GB must be obeyed and now

....ta daaaaaa..........

DON'T EVEN TRUST YOURSELF!!!!!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Shortened Model of Mind Control for a Religious Cult

Rule #1) The WTS speaks for Jehovah God

Rule #2) Sit down, shut up, or else

But, the WTS writers said it in a more palatable way.

Skeeter

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yes it's a horrible thing to question one beliefs.......unless your not a Witness in which case I have an article about "Why the Catholic church is loosing members..." Witness smiles to himself smuggly.

• wobble
    wobble

So, yet another quote that only mentions the GB as being the FDS, all the rest of the "Anointed", 11,000 or so, many of whom were partaking before the present GB members were born, count for nothing at all.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What do they think people are supposed to be, tracking devices? You have a group at the top, and everyone is supposed to think like them as they are directed. Which is a complete waste of minds. Instead of having people creating as individuals, you have one group creating and everyone else is to track them.

Which would be bad enough if they were usually right. But, when they are wrong just about 100% of the time, it is even worse. They were wrong in 1969 about 1975, and many people sold out then. They were wrong about "a generation". They were wrong about the end being at hand in 2006. They were wrong about organ transplants in 1967. They are wrong about the college situation--people need to prepare for a better job or role than pious-sneering these days.

As for me, I would rather study to be a computer repair person (starting with my own computer and its habit of happily freezing up for no reason including viruses), and then move to a country where such business would actually be appreciated, rather than stay (or go back to) a witless. The happiest people? Always beneficial to follow Jehovah? Try telling that to someone that is about 90 years old, no skills, no retirement, and having wasted 75 years or more doing the deadest work of all with zero results.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Notice they bolster their claim by citing "impartial sources." Normally, the impartial sources would be named in the text, together with a brief quote or said sources would be named in a footnote or appendix citation. First, no human is ever impartial. My beloved pet dog, Rascal, could be the "impartial source" as far as we know.

This is not objective or scientific but I do not recall such repeated emphasis on conform or else when I was active. There were warnings but it wasn't done so frequently and across so many Witness venues. Oh, how they torture scripture to fit their view. They translate the Bible to fit their views. Misconstrue secular sources. As a young person I was very impressed by the all the encyclopedia, concordance, etc. references. Before the Internet, you needed a research library to find many of these books and periodicals. Also, legal training made me very focused on what the text states compared to what I want to say. They don't shape the content of the references. They deliberately misconstrue on a sustained basis. I realize this is not unique insight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit