Governing Body... meet WORLD... world... meet Governing Body! The JW Survey website has been launched!!

by cedars 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
  • cedars
    cedars

Bumping for responses.

New mini-surveys will be added soon.

If anyone has ideas for new mini-surveys, please post them here!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Fabulous!

may i suggest adding a new one to the mini survey on the FDS?

they are a theological idea used to control the JWs and do not actually exist

bet that will top all the others!

oz

• erbie
    erbie

If attempting to destroy the WT gives your life a purpose then who is to stop you.

Whether or not it will bring anyone happiness or enable them to better serve their fellow man is, I believe, questionable.

We all need to be careful that we do not become the monsters that we believe we have escaped from.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

German Philosopher (1844-1900)

As Yoda would say: 'I sense much anger in you'

• cedars
    cedars

Hi Erbie - wow I wasn't expecting that reaction, but I guess I should know better. Perhaps, before I reply in full, you could tell me a little more about how you feel about the Governing Body, and why giving those in and outside the organization a voice and the freedom to express their feelings is a bad thing?

Whether or not it will bring anyone happiness or enable them to better serve their fellow man is, I believe, questionable.

Well if you think about it, if the WTBTS dissolved overnight, then there would no longer be any good reason for families like mine to be divided (i.e. shunning). I can only imagine that eventuality resulting in happiness for everyone in my situation, either now or in the future - tell me if I'm wrong. There are also the lives that would be saved once medical treatment is no longer refused for senseless reasons that are not well-grounded in scripture. Then there are all the children who would no longer be abused by concealed paedophiles within their congregation. Do I really need to go on?

There is no anger here, only frustration - and a strong desire to release people from mental bonds in the way I was released.

I look forward to hearing what's on your mind.

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

bumping for responses, both for the survey and from Erbie!

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks cedars and I loved your response to erbie. Please do not let ones like him affect your efforts as they are many who totally agree with you.

Thank you again for all you have done with this survey and all the time you have put into it.

LITS

• life is to short
    life is to short

Also thank you Juan for your help in it too and for showing us the link.

LITS

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks LITS, I'm learning to take these things with a pinch of salt!

It just surprises me that it's taking Erbie so long to respond??

I really do wonder what goes on in the minds of apologists who frequent JWN despite being instructed not to. The mind boggles....

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit