Yet another guilt-inducing "Do-More" Watchtower article...

by Alfred 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bella15
    Bella15

Dalia is "Andre's" sister ...

• 00DAD
    00DAD

What will they call it?

- Prexting for PReaching + tEXTING?, or maybe

- GNexting for GoodNews +tEXTING?

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

how do you text message if your paralyzed?

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

In September 2008, a Polish-speaking group was formed in Vilnius. Since the group had a need for more Kingdom publishers, Dalia and her mother joined it.

She's disabled, preaches by text message and is privelidged to serve in the foreign language field, so all you materialist slackers working two jobs and missing meetings just to be able to pay your bills, DO MORE!

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Hell they should just put her out on her own since that would be theraputic as well, since work will help.

MTM

• clarity
    clarity

Trueblue ... I didn't think it was possible to spill coffee all over a desk by just laughing really hard, but it is!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahhahh too funny!

>

00Dad ... HEXting - for placing a curse on rude worldlies

or how about REXting - just in case the family dog answers {i knowiknow!}

>

Sir ...{ for every person "encouraged" by reading experiences such as this, there are 10 who are driven into deeper despair because they think they "just aren't doing enough for Jehovah".}

No kidding, although I think that number would be more like 1 to 1000!

I remember so many times going home from an assembly feeling ... defeated!

>

It is such a set-up to give those kinds of examples. Guilt guilt guilt!

It's Apples and Oranges really. If not for continued help, no "preaching" could be done in this case! {this is not to knock any who are disabled btw, it is to knock the underhanded way wbts uses these "examples"}

So maybe if the average person was helped with their day to day chores, career job, responsibilities, childbearing, raising children, looking after older parents, errands, shopping, volunteering etc ............ we could be almost as good as the infamous Andre!

clarity

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And it is still a complete waste. If the sick can preach, the well should preach even more.

Too bad there is another factor they fail to account for: Opportunity cost. If someone is sick, they cannot do very much and the opportunity cost is quite low. They don't work because they are on disability, they are unable to fully enjoy things, and all they have at their disposal is reading. So, they read this littera-trash, which is better for their limited minds than nothing at all.

Those who are not sick, on the other hand, lose more when we waste time in field circus. The unsick have to work to make a living, taking much time away from what could have been used for field circus. Additionally, people without disabilities are better able to make better use of their time. They might be able to fix things around the house (or their computers), play with toys and games, take a walk in a park, and do so much more. They can go online and read much better things than Washtowel littera-trash. For them, the opportunity cost of doing field circus is so much greater than the disabled.

What they should be writing instead are articles where someone with an IQ around 200, excellent physical health, and a lot of money forgoes these opportunities and does field circus instead. Someone thinking of starting a business halfway around the world, in a prime position to do so and with loans already approved and visas in hand, instead choosing to pious-sneer in their home country at great opportunity cost. That might shame the disabled and sick, with little to lose, into doing more in field circus.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.
    Dalia is "Andre's" sister ...

DAMN YOU Bella you beat me to it LOL

So much for the Stones (not Rolling) speaking out when no one can preach

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit