Marry Only in the Lord

by compound complex 35 Replies latest jw friends

• dgp
    dgp

I think this is all about making "offers that you can't refuse". Say you offer the Governing Body a very good business. For example, say I went absolutely gaga and offer to donate my castles in Europe. Now, I'm very stupid and obtuse for a Bible study, but I like the Governing Body (which clearly shows I'm stupid and obtuse). Would they object to my being worldly?

Doesn't strategy make strange bedfellows?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends:

I'm very grateful that you have taken time to post and offer your points of view. I was not expecting many replies. Marriage must be a hot topic!

There was no intent to be profound: I dashed off what was at the surface of the heart and mind and ended up highlighting the woman's suffering. Of course, "Mr. There," in pursuit of a theocratic bride, has a relatively limited field from which to select a mate. He, too, has his story. WT strictures on marriage are unyielding and unrealistic.

I know some very happy JW matchings that have lasted 40-plus years. More power to them.

Thanks again for your enlightening, heartfelt comments.

Love,

CoCo le plus sage

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nice way to stagnate. Both partners pious-sneering together, out in field circus together. That is not a good way to draw closer to each other--and all the more so with the directives that couples are not to embrace during prayers (which will be interpreted as no holding hands by many hounders).

• caliber
    caliber

Hello Coco .......also testing to see if my post will take

Well this is wonderful my posts finallly post after months of not doing so

Hello to everyone haven't be ignoring you all ...just couldn't post !!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

lawrence gazed at the assembly crowd and felt a wave of loneliness. several of what he was taught to call sisters had shown some interest in his attentions but always deep inside he felt they were all playing the marrying only in the lord game. One sunny saturday morning instead of meeting with the group he drove on past the house and kept on going till he found himself at the coast. As he was searching for a parking spot he noticed a sign "world famous orchid show". Entering the large greenhouse he looked around and was amazed at the unique beauty of the flowers, when suddenly he was interrupted by a sweet voice. "Gorgeous aren't they" "My name is Gwen and these are my plants". As she guided him through all the exotic plants Gwen told him about her travels in search of rare orchids and related many adventures and Lawrence was smitten. From that day forward Gwen and Lawrence fell in love and lived happily ever after in their world of orchids. He never married in the lord.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

My take is that the GB knows that if active JWs have an intimate conversation with anyone NOT a Witness then that person will likely raise questions that will expose all the falsehoods and deception of the religion.

It's really not just "marry only in the Lord", it's don't have any close relationships with non-believers because they'll will point out the flaws in JW theology.

The GB brothers that even the horniest fornicators can't be at it 24/7 and will eventually have a conversation during the dating/courtship phase. Beliefs might come up. They know that it is MORE likely the "unbeliever" will expose the lies of the WT than that the JW will convert the "worldly one."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit