Sickening abuse case in the UK

by Simon 21 Replies latest social current

• claudia
    claudia

Im with you Simon ianao, and TR

• nelly136
    nelly136

they were supposed to reform the social services/child welfare after the Maria Cauldwell case years back to see this never happened again...yet another case where they just didnt check time and time again inspite of numerous reports of the cruel treatment the child was getting,and year after year the same thing happens again, they have heart wrenching advertisements to encourage people to report abuse cases and then dont follow them up when people do.
    nelly

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Simon wrote

I HATE all the crap that liberal do-gooders come out with, we should have the death penalty back. I would vote for it.

I would press the button, pull the switch...

After all, it's what GOD wants...look, it says so in the bible...

GASPS!!!!!!!!

Yiz

• avishai
    avishai
    Doesn't it always seem to be religious people who do all the killing?
    I HATE all the crap that liberal do-gooders come out with, we should have the death penalty back.
    I would vote for it.
    I would press the button, pull the switch...
    After all, it's what GOD wants...look, it says so in the bible...

Bingo.

Simon, I've worked with kids like this for nearly a decade. You find a lot of people in the field, social workers, etc. who are often overworked, but even more often, they just don't give a shit. Social workers are supposed to see their kids every month, w/ out fail. I've seen kids without a social worker visit for over a year.

Funny this post came a long, I ran into one of the social workers who worked with the kids in my group home just a few hrs, ago.

He was one of the very few good ones, and I let him know every time I see him. So, please, if you see positive parenting, positve policing, social work, etc., make sure and let them know. It helps keep the good ones there. And, yes, the ones who overlooked it should be fired, fined , and forced to work at a juvenile facility as a janitor without pay for a year, at least.

The murderer should recieve the ultimate deterrent. They say capital punishment is'nt a deterrent. My ass. If you kill the perp, they're not going to re-offend, period

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Holy thread resurrection, Yizuman!!!
    This is over three years old.

Of all the threads to bring bttt, what point are you trying to make with this one, given that there's a multitude with similar sentiments expressed in them?

I've previously expressed my opinion on this one. The death penalty is too good for them, IMHO...

• gdt
    gdt

Hi Simon,

we likewise are with you. cheers, gdt and mrs gdt!

• Simon
    Simon

I believe this (old) topic was about the Victoria Columbie case. I challenge anyone to argue against the death penalty for what happened to her.

I see nothing wrong with arguing for this in this type of case and against strong and harsh treatment in other, lesser, crimes or 'generally'

• badboy
    badboy

Nice idea,if you put all the scum of humanity together there would be

SCUM ON SCUM KILLINGS

GREAT!

• willy_think
    willy_think

IN THE NAME OF LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE CONQUERS ALL LOVE, OVERCOMES ALL, LOVE JUSTIFIES ALL.

Love of god Justifies any killing in his name.

Love of the other justifies stocking, rape, everything.

Love is a fiction that leads to the destruction of self.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Whenever I see reports like this though, I am reminded of the Rochester episode. Two doctors reported signs of sexual abuse in a whole slew of children they were seeing (there are certain physical signs that can indicate, if not prove, sexual abuse). The community was furious, and the whole country was so stunned and appalled that they simply refused to believe it, and the tabloids didn't help the situation any. Many of the children were already on the at-risk register, but nonetheless the two doctors were crucified, their careers destroyed. One lost her license to practice medicine. The other had to move, though I believe he still practices. When this sort of thing happens and helpers aren't actually supported, it puts all the other helpers and observers in a pretty awkward position. It's easy to get angy with individual failures, but I feel the whole system has to answer for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit