Sickening abuse case in the UK

by Simon 21 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

I'm sure anyone in the UK will have heard about the poor little 8 year old girl who was subjected to appalling abuse and killed.
    I just feel SO angry right now...how could SO many police, doctors, social workers LET HER DOWN and fail to act when the signs were so clear and pointed out to them?
    What are they there for, for goodness sake?
    They should ALL be sacked for incompetence and failing to do what they get well paid for. Some should be prosecuted for accessories to murder.

- Simon

Edited by - Simon on 12 January 2001 17:30:53

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

i know what you mean--i get so angry when i hear how the system that is supposed to protect children fails. that is probably one reason why abusers feel they can get away with what they do--because the system in place to protect children does not work so great most of the time. poor children who are abused, my heart breaks for them all.

the million dollar question is what can we do to stop the abuse of children?????? it is such a complex and emotional issue....

harmony

• Simon
    Simon

...and of course the perpetrators were just good CHRISTIAN people simply trying to remove Satan from the poor child. [>:(]
    Doesn't it always seem to be religious people who do all the killing?
    I HATE all the crap that liberal do-gooders come out with, we should have the death penalty back.
    I would vote for it.
    I would press the button, pull the switch...
    After all, it's what GOD wants...look, it says so in the bible...

• Simon
    Simon

I'm sorry if I'm so worked up but this has really upset me
    But hey...look on the bright side, we can always use in on the ministry tomorrow to start conversations with housholders....

• claudia
    claudia

Oh how disturbing this is. I agree many killers claim themselves christian. Does anyone have a link to this story? I would like to read more about it.

• ISP
    ISP

Simon, my wife and I were.....well words can hardly describe the intensity of feeling we have. I have had to stop my wife dwelling on this matter because it is so upsetting.

One explanation for the apparent disinterest by the authorities IMO is that the victim was black. There are shades of Stephen Lawrence running through this story.

ISP

• ISP
    ISP

Check this link.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,,2-67023,00.html

ISP

• Simon
    Simon

I'm not sure about color being an issue - the police officer and social worker who failed to visit the child were both black whereas the doctor that reported the abuse was white. I think it was just a case of incredible incompetence which, in my opinion, is inexcusable for people in that position.
    Seems like the police have more important things to do like fine speeding motorists.
    It's very disturbing that something like this could happen. I think it's about time that we had some decent retribution available. The sentences for the 7 peodophiles also in the news was just 2 - 3 years. What is going on?
    I believe the majoity of people would welcome the detah penalty for such extreme crimes against such defenseless and vulnerable people.

• ianao
    ianao

I don't know how many people on this board know the 'filthy' comedian George Carlin here in the USA, but I am reminded of one of his bits he performed on-stage. He recommended taking all of the child molesters, murderers and rapists and grouping them all together in one part of the respective country, erecting HUGE walls which were impassable, and letting them destroy each other.

Sometimes, while far fetched, this sounds like a great idea.

-ianao

• TR
    TR

I'm with you, Simon and ianao.

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit