Ban Sisters from wearing pants/slacks!!! Why? Who "wears the pants" at the hall?

by Witness 007 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

When I was School Overseer I use to tell Sisters to wear a loose skirt rather than a tight skirt on stage because when you sit down with a loose skirt it drapes over the knees but in a tight skirt and you're the School Overseer sitting on the front row you can see China.....just sayin

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

It is a chauvanist control thing. The WT ideal is 1950s morality, attitude and fashion.

It's not about modesty - one sister I know was counciled that her skirts were too long and that "people might think she was a hippy or a goth".

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Not slammin' you designs becuase you're a lovely fluffy apostate now but

When I was School Overseer I use to tell Sisters to wear a loose skirt
    doesn't that just illuminate the WT attitude towards women.
  • designs
    designs

Probably right, I'm being re-educated on a daily basis

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

I wore dress pants once because I had poison ivy rash all over my legs- people were dicks about it even though I showed them the reason why.

• designs
    designs

Wouldn't it be hysterical if the Sisters in a Circuit all got together and dressed up like Mormon Polygamist wives with the Big Hairbuns and all.

Someday the Sisters will find the courage to stand up to their oppressors.

• blondie
    blondie

Jadeen, similar experience, having had chicken pox as an adult covered with scabs all over my legs and could not wear nylons, I wore slacks.

I remember brothers being told if they wore skirts it would make them homosexuals; women wearing pants would become lesbians.

Yet Israelite men and women wore basically the same style.

I wonder what that makes Scottish men and their kilts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit