She prayed for me.... and I spent the afternoon puking my guts out

by Scully 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

I recently did a favour for one of my co-workers by exchanging a shift with her so she could have a day off when she needed it for a family event.

We worked together last night, and she was so excited about the family event that happened a couple of days ago - she really appreciated being able to go. So this morning, at the end of our shift, she tells me that she is going to church before she goes home to sleep, and she is going to pray for me to have many good things from god for doing this favour for her.

I'm flattered that she thinks it was such a big deal, but I told her "no really, that is not necessary... you really don't have to pray for me!" She was insistent!! She was going to pray for me today if it was the last thing she did. I was so good to her, that god needed to know about it and repay me for my kindness. Obviously there was no stopping her, so I thanked her, and repeated that she really didn't have to... but thank you for the kind thought.

I arrived home and promptly went to bed, hoping to sleep until about 4 pm as I was supposed to go back to work tonight. But I woke up at 1 pm with a nasty cluster headache in my left eye, and as soon as I got up to the washroom, was overcome with a cold sweat and had to make a dash for it... and immediately started throwing up off-and-on for the next hour. I felt so lousy that I had to call in sick. Then took some dramamine / gravol and went back to bed.

Next time someone insists on praying for me, I'm going to tell them about this and insist that they NOT. If this is how god "blesses" people who have prayers given on their behalf... well, thanks, but no thanks.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Scully,

I will pray for you tonight. The lord loves you! I shall make a burnt offering - a live kitten.

• Scully
    Scully

shamus, don't you DARE!!

I don't think I could survive a live kitten sacrifice. holy toledo, are you trying to kill me??

• moshe
    moshe

Hope you get to feeling better by tomorrow- I used to work those hours, ugh!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I never pray for you, Scully.

• shamus100
    shamus100

What, Scully, you dare reject an offering to my god?

Come closer, we'll throw it into the fire and watch it screech.

But hey, when you're sick you're sick. Nothing you can do. Even the invisible pink unicorn can't help you, but the burnt offering will.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Yikes!!! I know my parents still pray for me and stuff... But seeing as how no one is listening, I'm not worried lol.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Scully:

I hope that you're much better now. What an awful but all too common malady.

Funny you should mention dramamine. I just 15 minutes ago returned from my evening walk and along the jaunt met a lady visiting from Australia. I mentioned to her that, on board ship, I was one of two people cruising the Great Barrier Reef that did not ride by rail. (I had taken the big D beforehand.)

Those nasty headaches can do that to you, especially when the god entreated is not the true God! Poor lady, she meant well!

Love,

CoCo Nonausea

• talesin
    talesin

Holy Jeebus!

feel better ;)

t

• ziddina
    ziddina

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHA - MUUUUUSSSS!!

Quit picking on the poor sick lady!!!

AND LEAVE KITTENS ALONE, DAMMIT!!

Or I SWEAR - I will conjure up a black SPIRIT JAGUAR to come through your walls and GET'CHA!!!

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit