Critique of the NOVEMBER 1 Watchtower article"When Was Ancient Jerusalem Destroyed?"

by Doug Mason 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

Doug Mason - For all your translation works, contact http://www.competenzatranslations.com/

The company is reliable, efficient and their jobs are well perfected. Please do reach them.

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

bump

• BroMac
    BroMac

first post. (long time lurker)

Thankyou to the above mentioned Doug Mason, Alleymom, Ann O'Mallyand COJ, not just for this work, but for all the time scanning and posting, going back to posts done over 10yrs ago on this subject.

Bible prophecy was the one thing that convinced me of The Truth™

Bible Prophecy was the one thing that convinced me of The Truth About The Truth™

In one of my Pubic Talks™ I explain how perfectly reliable the bible is and how God's word always comes true by delivering a perfect, faith strengthening, encouraging use of scripture to show how jerusalem was destroyed at Tishri 607 by the Babylonian's and how it perfectly ended with them being back in Jerusalem by Tishri 537.........

Of course the bible is not wrong. Jeremiah was not wrong. History is not wrong.

It makes perfect sense and increases faith in the scriptures and in God's Organisation On Earth© when the destruction of Jerusalem is explained from the basis of 607.... (that is if you dont read enyclopedias or Google: "when was jerusalem destroyed" )

It only makes NO sense when other dates are thrown in like 1874 = start of 40yrs Gentile Times (leading to great time of trouble/Great Trib) leading to 1914= The End/Armageddon etc.

end not here yet so must be 1915... maybe not, ok then lets try this, 1914= Christ returned definitely 100% positively "Gods dates not ours", (2520days) just invisibly.

Then in 1918 Christ entered his temple (He actually arrived in 1914 but took a while) and inspected his followers and decided that the Bible Students were where it's at, and appointed them his chosen people and entrusted to them all his belongings in 1919. NO-ONE-ELSE.

The biggest problem here for the .Org is that 586/587 is not prophetically linked to anything in the modern age, it is History, Not Prophecy.

Another Public Talk™ I put in the bin.

BroMac

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

BroMac,

Thank you for your testimony. You brought genuine tears to my eyes.

Freedom is precious. Never give yours away again.

Doug

• Quendi
    Quendi

I want to commend Doug Mason and Carl Jonsson for sharing their expertise with us. I have distributed their critiques to my small circle of inactive and former Witnesses, all of whom have told me how grateful they are to receive this priceless information. I have encouraged them to contact Doug and Carl directly to express their appreciation.

Doug, I want to thank you personally not only for your critiques, but also for the profound effects they are having on the WTS leadership. For it is clear to me that they grossly underestimated the power of the Internet and its impact upon the Witness rank and file. As long as it held a monopoly on the availability of its own past writings and discussion of the organization's history, it could keep all Witnesses in the dark. That monopoly has now been broken, and like waters through a breached dam, the real truth is gushing out with devastating effect. The leadership is attempting countermeasures, but I hope and pray those are too little, too late. The Internet has made this possible, and men like you have led the way in exploiting its advantages to enlighten the rest of us.

Keep up the good work, my friend. You are changing lives for the better. As one of my correspondents said to me on Sunday, what has amazed her is how your critiques have exposed the downright lies and distortions the WTS has engaged in to promote its 607 BC doctrine. She had no idea of the depth of its dishonesty, not the lengths it would go to protect this cornerstone teaching. What started out as a publishing concern in 1884 has metamorphosed into a corrupt and self-serving organization whose tyranny over its adherents grows more oppressive by the day. Thanks to people like you, Ann O'Maly, Carl Jonsson and others, we may finally see its overthrow.

God bless you!

Quendi

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Quendi,

Thank you for your kind words. I cannot tell you how pleased I am for you and your group.

Your testimony here will have a strong impact on many JWs. You confirm to them that other Witnesses have the same doubts and that they have stepped out.

The subject of the 607 BC doctrine provides a straw in the wind. When the WTS is prepared to act so deceptively when it is possible to check their sources, how does it behave when it interprets the Bible (such with the medical use of blood)?

I am fully aware there are many who also know the truth about the WTS but are unable to leave its influence because of the impact of shunning. My thoughts are with them as well.

Doug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit