Ali is back in the hospital

by coffee_black 33 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

It's a shame that somene so young is having all of these problems! Knock on wood, my husband s doing great, and he's twice Ali's age. His ejection fraction went from 25 to 55 in eight months, with the goal of attaining 60 to 65 a year or so afte the surgery. I hope things finally go her way.

• crazycate
    crazycate

I'm so sorry she is having to go through this, and you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

So sorry Ali is in the hospital again. But,I'm glad it doesn't appear to be heart failure. Here's hoping she gets over this illness real soon.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

She just called. They are transferring her to Cardiac intensive care. BP spiked very high. Her coughing spells are very intense, and it is difficult for her to breathe. Anxiety is causing her blood sugar to spike as well.

She is on disability...and medicaid because of her condition. Her cardiologist, who has treated her from the outset, doesn't take medicaid.....however, as long as she is in the hospital, he can treat her because he is the head of the cardiac unit at that hospital. He is an awesome dr... and she is happy that he can treat her now.

Jamie, Ali's EF was 38 the last time they checked. She still heart failure, but 38 is a lot better that the 8 she started with. She was supposed to have a battery of tests about a month ago, but insurance issues made that complicated, because she just got medicaid, and it took a while for them to remove her former insurance company as the primary ins. and find a doctor that accepts medicaid. I am sure they will do those tests while she is in the hospital.

They will stabilize her tonight, and will do more testing tomorrow.

Coffee

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Ali posted her pic on facebook a few days ago...

Ali

Coffee

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I'm sorry that Ali ia hurting again. Bronchitis and pacemaker problems, that's a lot for somebody so young to be dealing with! I hope she will recvoer soon.

• talesin
    talesin

coffee

ow, that is difficult times... much love to you and your fam at this difficult time ... it's so hard, I know,,, and will be thinking of you and yours.

t

• AGuest
    AGuest

Sigh. I was wondering how she was doing, dear CB (the greatest of love and peace to you!)... but wasn't expecting this, truly. The body often sucks, doesn't it? Even for those who are "fit" (look at what one must do TO the body to BE fit - LOLOLOL!). Greatest betrayer of them all. Please tell Ali we're all thinking of her and pulling for her! You both (and your households) are always in my prayers!

Peace... to you both!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

Shel

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

My prayers are with you and your family.

May Our Lord stenghten you and especially Ali.

God bless you and your family.

• nugget
    nugget

Send Ali our best wishes. She has been so brave throughout this turbulent time she's a fighter. Thinking of you too Coffee, don't forget to look after yourself too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit