The real identity of the F&DS revealed...any news yet?

by Aussie Oz 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Recently Barbara posted the update on the Unthank case and mentioned that more would be revealed soon on the real identity of the faithful slave.

Has it been revealed yet? Have i missed it?

been looking, hoping!

OZ

• designs
    designs

David Splane is really V, I knew it I just knew it!

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

HAHA!!! We LOVE David Splane!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The day of the hearing there was an incomplete summary. To my utter shock, the post revealed that one Society lawyer representated all named defendants. I am certain a nonWitness entity such as a learned judge would not be familiar with the faithful and discreet slave. Indeed, I would assume this issue was raised in pleadings. We are all curious as to the identity and legal nature of the FDS. If the Australian court system now knows, we, who truly suffered under the concept, should know, too.

It took my breath away to hear that a lawyer retained by the Witnesses represented all these different corporate bodies which were established to purposely avoid liability. Not knowing Australia law, I wonder if the lawyers suddenly realized they were jeopardizing their client and tried to make the case moot or the damages lessened by coordinating compliance. It avoids an injunction as to future conduct. Yet writing to elders in such a manner, they tipped their hand as to their actual power vs. corporate presence on a piece of paper.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Band, would you mind explaining what you mean by "coordinating compliance"?

Also, who were you referring to when you wrote:

Yet writing to elders in such a manner, they tipped their hand as to their actual power vs. corporate presence on a piece of paper.

Who did the writing?

Who were the elders written to?

Thanks,

Daniel

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Finally! I spent all morning searching for this thread.

I am looking forward to getting some answers.

Love to you and yours, SOG

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hello ShadesofGrey! Do you know the topics are listed in order of last posted on the top bar under "Active topics". So much easier to find the post you want! I'm slow, when I started here, was looking for a thread, click, click, no, already clicked that one, damn, was I imagining it? Where did it go???

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Sorry, I have not been on here much lately, when I am I do a lot of speed reading. So who is the faithfull and discrete slave class?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Maybe Barbara is holding that information until this Saturday's Cult Free Radio show.

www.facebook.com/CultFreeRadio

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cult-free-radio

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Within the past few days, the Andersons posted a thread that summarized the court appearances and activity. The case against the Witnesses was not dismissed which is a large hurdle. If I am correct, the WT was represented by a single female lawyer. There was some concern that since most of the entities sued are American, the WT would refuse to recognize the jurisdiction of the Australian court. An Australian court can attach the assets and punish actors within Australia. They claim extraterritorial jurisdiction in the US but the US refuses to recognize such assertions of jurisdiction. American business and citizens are global so the State Department wants to protect Americans abroad.

Without the thread in front of me, the lawyer representated four or five separate legal Witness entities. I don't think the Faithful and Discreet Slave is a legal person. But she reportedly appeared to represent it. It was said she revealed to the court who the FDS was. We were told there would be more details explaining the maneuvers soon.

If this case continues to survive dismissal efforts, it is significant way beyond Australia and pedophile registration.

Corporations limit liability to the corporate assets. If the individuals comply with the relevant corporate law, they are not liable as individuals. Their personality property cannot be touched. Also, corporate officers rarely go to prison. Large fines are the usual punishment. Individual elders had the defense that they were only following religious orders. Another thread said that a corporate WT entity mailed a letter to all elders in Australia telling them to comply with the law. Such a letter makes it harder for the WT to argue that the elders were merely following religious beliefs. Therefore, the elders should be liable and not the assets of the WT.

I prob. did not remember all accurately. Corporations and especially civil/criminal procedure relating to court jurisdiction are very complex topics. If anyone is interested in law, you rarely argue the meat of the matter, such as are Negro slaves citizens of the United States? Are gun control laws unconstitutional? What is a state militia? Are public Christmas creches an Establishment of Religion? Instead, does the court have jurisdiction over the subject of the case and the individuals? Do the pleadings set forth a cause of action? What documents can you discover?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit