How bad have you wanted to write "The DA Letter"?

by RayPublisher 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Like many of you I am fading and am trying to stay the course rather than be DFed due to family ties. But I so badly want to simply write a letter and be rid of this giant weight on my back lately. Just like a bandaid that is easier to just tear off, I guess.

Anyway, for those of you that have wanted to do it, but haven't, do you have any encouragement?

For those of you that did DA and then felt better, do you have any (dis)couragement lol?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm on the fence right now about sending the letter

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If it weren't for my mother, I might have sent that letter a few years ago. I don't want to force the issue on shunning.

Now, I couldn't care less what my "status" is. I still don't want to force the issue with Mom, but if she were to pass away or come out, I probably still wouldn't bother writing anything.

• mind blown
    mind blown

NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo is my feeling...FADE...one day may bite you in the ass.... Also, will put more strain on your family... I know these things.

• meangirl
    meangirl

I've sent my in and then my mom basically called the elders and begged them not to do anything about it. I don't know how she did it but she did.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The letter is playing by THEIR rules. When you want to walk, just walk. Don't give them ANYthing.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Mad Sweeny has a very good point!

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Yeah I know it is playing into their hands, I've told myself a dozen times I'm not going to do that. It's just...draining sometimes...

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

No, I won't write a DA letter, I have faded for the last 20 years, I talk to all my family (openly), but I will not play their (WTBTS') game.

FSP

• Fernando
    Fernando

RayPublisher. Would love to know the numbers past & present of those in this predicament. Best wishes on whatever strategy you go with.

We found being on another continent a great help. Being able to tell the GB they are apostate, and being able to prove it conclusively on one piece of paper was priceless.

Now we are free to learn, explore, question, discuss and grow like never before and without continually looking over our shoulders. The scriptures have come alive as never before.

We continue to be astounded at just how spiritually blind, captive, confused, inebriated and insane the WBT$ is, and how anyone can get to understand the Bible better than they ever will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit