so going to San Francisco next week

by Found Sheep 16 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Alcatraz is a great tour. Obviously, Fisherman's Wharf. So is a trip to Muir Woods to see the redwoods. Although it's 4 hours south of SF, the Hearst Mansion is spectacular and so is the drive south of Carmel to San Simeon.

DOC

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

WOW thanks for all the hints!!! I need to stay a month it looks like to see it all!!!FS

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Things I like to do in San Francisco....

Check out the Church of John Coltrane

http://www.coltranechurch.org/

Walk all the way around Stern Grove...a BEAUTIFUL park hidden away in the City...

See some music somewhere.

Drive across the Golden Gate Bridge and go to the look-out point that is UP the hill...(not just the one on the right where the busses stop...the one on the other side of the road...

Go to The Cliff House..but not to eat...just check out the views and history...maybe have a drink at the bar.

Walk the path over by the Sutro Baths (next to the Cliff House), around Land's End, to the view of the GG Bridge...not sure the name of the path, but easy to find...

Eat dinner at The Blue Plate.

Eat ice cream at Bi-Rite Creamery. (seriously. OMG.)

Have pizza (or other food) at Pizzaria Delfina.

Explore the Mission District...eat Mexican food...

Take a twilight cruise of the bay...

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Well having a blast this place is insane!!! met up with an ex-jw last night for a drink or 10 and just felt an earthquake so I guess I had the entire CA experiance!!FS

• Open mind
    Open mind

Did the quake make you spill your drink?

Have a great stay in the City by the Bay.

om

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Did you have those drinks at Top of The Mark, atop the Mark Hopkins Hotel? Very scenic view of the city from the lounge on the top floor.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

No we were down town but thinking of going there tonight.... Didn't spill anything....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit