so going to San Francisco next week

by Found Sheep 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I've seen many post from those from that area..... anything EX-JW going on????? May meet one ex-jw I met on facebook ex-jw site...

• designs
    designs

San Francisco is one of the great cities anywhere anytime. Fascinated by the Asian groups that gather in the Parks in the mornings and practice their Tai Chi with fans.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm sure there's plenty of x JW's up there. We're here in Los Angeels so that's quite a drive for a lunch meet up

• Stealth
    Stealth

Fun city.

I recommend going to see Beach Blanket Babylon

http://www.beachblanketbabylon.com/

If you have not taken an Alcatraz tour, it is well worth it, but get your tickets now, they sell out early.

https://www.alcatraztrips.com/index2.asp?source=google&gclid=CJu2uoP546sCFSoCQAod3w8CPw

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The one thing I love are the restaurants. So many to choose from

• Unlearn
    Unlearn

Amazing city: my favorite in these United States.
    I almost had some business there last week...I look for reasons to go.
    Don't know about ex-jw stuff, but if you've never been before, go north of the city, cross the Golden Gate Bridge into Marin County and visit Muir Woods. I know this sounds like the cliched 'trip suggestion', but really, go. Nothing beats standing amid a grove of acres and acres of ancient redwoods...and hearing silence. No birds, no cars, NOTHING. And its 30 minutes north, no long drive or anything.

If you're into reading, go to Green Apple over around Geary Blvd. Probably one of the greatest bookstores I have ever been to...used, new, collectible, bargain stuff...thousands of books, records, cd's, dvd's, and magazines. You'll leave with SOMETHING. I found one of the best bootleg records I've ever heard there, a record full of rare demos by The Smiths.

I love that town. Nothing like it. Dripping with liberalism...good stuff.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I took my wife there last year for our wedding aniversary...stayed at the Chancellor Hotel at Union Square. There are plenty of shops in that area. Buy a transit pass and use the cable cars and trolley buses to get around the city. One of the cable car route takes you at the top of Lombard St...the steep street that serpentines down the hill. From that spot you have a great view of Alcatraz...and at the bottom you can go to the italian part of the city at Columbus St. Ghirardelli Chocolat factory and the Fisherman's wharf are also places you can access by trolley bus. If you take a bus ride to the Golden Gate you can cross to Sausalito and this is also a very nice place. I am from Canada and have been to San Diego and Los Angeles, but my favorite city in California is San Franciso...

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

By the way...have a great trip!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I'm in the area. If you are here on Friday or Saturday, I highly recommend going to a BATS show:

http://www.improv.org/Home.aspx

I've been going there for many years and never have seen a bad show, and its different every time.

• smiddy
    smiddy

My wife & I with a few rellys spent 5 days their in march for our 50th wedding anniversary.We loved frisco & dont neglect the Alcatratz tour and of course the cable car trip.Their is so much to see their ,cross over the golden gate bridge,or walk it such an experience

We want to go back their

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit