There is No Morality Without God

by whereami 161 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Terry I agree with what you say. But the problem with the promise, is so many people forego their real life. JW's aren't the only ones to believe that this is not the real life. It's the foundation of almost all religions. We laugh and mock what JW's sacrifice to shoot for this real life, while watching their only life pass them by. But it's true across the board to whatever degree.

If we think a Heaven awaits the child that starves to death, then the true horror of such an evil doesn't sink all the way through! That doesn't mean believers don't care or won't be motivated to help. But it will affect the intensity. No matter how deeply you feel or how much you do to help, if you believe, you will find comfort that things will be better for them after they day. That's not acceptable. When you realize this is all they have, the urgency grows.

So whatever horrible thing a person does for the sake of morality, female circumcision, crusades, suide bombers, stonings, execuctions, it robs people of the quality of the only life they have. It's incredibly sad and a terrible waste of the most precious thing we have.

I watched Bill Maher Friday, and he and Penn Jilliette (from Penn and Teller) had a quick side conversation on morality. They asked if people are motivated by the concept of punishment and reward is that real morality? Take god out of the picure and we are elevated. Generous people will still be generous, but they will do so with a vengence. Horrible people will still be horrible, but they won't be able to couch thier inhumanity in religious terms and cloud our vision. They will be easy to identify.

NC

• Twitch
    Twitch

Well, I can say I'm glad I wasn't born a child of a Canaanite, Hittie or be too young to decide for myself at Sodom or Gomorrah. Of course, nobody in these places or in any "holy" jihad, er, righteous, god sanctioned and directed crusade back in the day was without sin. And if they lived, far better to be a slave then dead I suppose. No innocents were harmed in the making of this god. lol

• bioflex
    bioflex

tec - please please read up on evolution properly before you embarrass yourself with statements like this:

assuming that what we know of evolution is correct. Which, given our track record... I doubt that it is

this is like saying 'assuming we know that the sun is hot. which given our track record...I doubt that it is'

Evolution is factually proven, observed and studied continuously by brilliant minds across the world. There will be great advances in understanding the mechanisms, there will be additional fossils found that will explain whens and hows but there will never ever be a replacement for the fact of evolution ( we will not be going back to a magic creation day), the fact of gradual change in imperfect self-replicating organisms driven by natural selection over vast amounts of time.

This is just insane. Evolution factually proven? You my friend is an iDIOT. I wonder what make evolution believers consider their ideas supreme over anybody else. Just dont get me started okay. Stop making lame comparisms cos everybody knows the sun is hot.

Assuming humans and chimps came from the same ancestors some 6million years ago, which we know is IMPOSSIBLE, even a fool knows that == > this is not to complicated right?.

How did you geniuses come to that conclusion?

There will be great advances in understanding the mechanisms, there will be additional fossils found that will explain whens and hows but there will never ever be a replacement for the fact of evolution ( we will not be going back to a magic creation day), the fact of gradual change in imperfect self-replicating organisms driven by natural selection over vast amounts of time

So is this what you call factually proven?. I bet you really feel like a fool right now.

1 Co 15:37 - 39 And what you sow, you do not sow the body that is going to be, but a bare grain (perhaps of wheat or of some of the rest). And God gives it a body as it has pleased Him, and to each of the seeds its own body. All flesh is not the same flesh; but one kind of flesh of men, and another flesh of beasts, and another of fish, and another of birds.

Just consider this verse in the bible and compare it to your definiation of evolution and tell me which makes sense.

As from Wikipedia

Evolution (or more specifically biological or organic evolution) is the change over time in one or more inheritedtraits found in populations of individuals. [1] Inherited traits are distinguishing characteristics, for example anatomical, biochemical or behavioural, that are passed on from one generation to the next

Evolution has led to the diversification of all living organisms from a common ancestor, which are described by Charles Darwin as "endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful". [8] For example, evolution is the cause of speciation, whereby a single ancestral species splits into two or more different species ----> did you see that? i bet its justifiable because some genius says it is.

Even a fool can tell what is more logical in this.

Evolution only looks to discredit the the fact that some intelligent being designed this universe and life. And i really dont get how people deny God and yet believe that Humans and Chimps came from the same parent( ancestor) . Yet this two are SIGNIFICANTLY different. Is not like its been documented in any pracitical way which is believable but yet you Geniuses insist is it true.

Common descent stretches back over 3.5 billion years during which life has existed on earth ----> and i am a fool for not accepting this trash?

Any fool knows that before reproduction there is suppose to be an act of sex either bisexual or asexual. And every single animal ONLY mates with others of its kind including humans. So what two animals mated to reproduce chimps? and humans? or what about horses? so how do you explain that animals from long ago used to interbreed and they practically stopped at some point in time, i wonder what would have happened if they didnt stop that habit.

And how do you explain the fact that humans are the only species the obtained such level of intelligence, even our so called siblings and cousins( chimps) dont even come close.

the fact of gradual change in imperfect self-replicating organisms driven by natural selection over vast amounts of time. === ?

are you kidding me? the FACT? over 6000 years and counting now and there has not yet been a single believable documentation of how organims A replicated into organims B and you call it fact? and i suppose by vast amounts of time you mean 6 million years.

@NewChapter : well i suppose you didnt know that science has aproved of evolution, you can ask QCMPB and co. we must accept what the geniuses say.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Awesome post, bioflex. You are a credit to creationism and christianity.

BTW, this isn't a thread about evolution vs creationism; it's about thus subject of morality. Try to keep it on topic, eh? Thank you for your consideration.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I forget where I saw it, but there was a survey which had statistics about sexual fidelity. The rates of sexual infidelity between persons of faith and atheists were the same. The only difference was that persons of faith experienced crushing guilt, and the atheists didn't give a damn ( or something to that effect )

So perhaps there should be a thread entitled "There is no guilt without god"....

• bioflex
    bioflex

@Twitch: Understood. I will try to stay on topic as much as i can from now on.

• unshackled
    unshackled

bioflex...not sure if you just missed it, but New Chapter started an evolution thread just for you.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/217088/1/Evolution-Thread-to-continue-conversation-with-BIOFLEX

Why not copy/paste your evolution related post above and put it on that thread?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL---Bioflex come over to that thread. We'll straighten ya out. Although I don't have high hopes since you think that name calling equals intelligent discussion. Now to bring it back on topic---is calling someone you disagree with a fool moral?

NC

• Twitch
    Twitch

NC, I gotta admit, you've got quite the skillz with the brain. Much respect.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Thank you Twitch, but mostly I feel like a dunce with a really big mouth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit