Awakes were everwhere!

by maninthemiddle 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hotspur
    hotspur

Nice one wobble!

Many I knew did this.

Never understand why we had a capmpaigns to obtain subscriptions then, at the same time, "platform drives" to create a magazine route! Crazy. I guess it's then you realize it's a publishing/printing company

• nugget
    nugget

I actually made an effort to read the mags and have to say how banal I realized they were. It is almost as if the publishers know that the only part that is regularly read is the title. It is truly shocking that children's reference books generally contain more information of worth than awake magazine. Once they get the dumb down treatment they will be even worse.

• Ding
    Ding

Occasionally, I find WTs in doctors' waiting rooms.

I inquire at the window and find out that the staff had no idea they were there and are happy to have me remove them.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

@maninthemiddle ... do some people place old mags ... yes indeed! ... In 2000 I was working with the C.O. in a group, he asked if anyone had some older issues to hand out at a business, someone handed one from 1999, he joked that he would like them to at least be from the same century.

I have seen the trunks of pioneer's cars with stacks of old mags, yes they are left at not at homes, business territory, wayside restrooms, just about anywhere you can think of ... and yes they are counted as placements. If it was left somewhere besides your bookbag, it's a placement!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I wrote on the front of each, "To find out more go to WWWjwfacts.com" and then I tucked them back at the bottom of the pile

Wobble! This is a great idea. I recently had the privilege of disposing of my first Awake found in a public place, but I'm going to do this now! Hell---maybe I'll have a rubberstamp made up and simply start stamping it everywhere! LOL It will look more official and won't be noticed from a quick glance. I have a dream of slipping into a hall and attacking the literature they plan to place with my stamp!

NC

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I've written jwfacts.com on a few from time to time, I hope the JWs on their "magazine route" come back and find it before anyone else takes it home!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea we did that back in the day. The elders were pretty aggressive with out mag orders so we always had a pile of old magazines. Even if the mags were several years old we placed tham at laundramats or even at bus stops. But the mag placements were always high. The CO's would commend us and we basically created alot of land fill deposits

• agent zero
    agent zero
    maybe I'll have a rubberstamp made up and simply start stamping it everywhere!

indeed, that was my idea too, to have a rubber stamp with www.jwfacts.com and stamp the inside or the back of every new mag, but more for the witnesses themselves, like in the study editions before they get handed out somehow.

• Gayle
    Gayle

My husband (never a JW) went to two health clinics and brought home 6 old mags. I threw them away, of course.

wobble, thanks, that is the best way,,I told him next time he goes I'll give him a handful of stickers with that message.

• agent zero
    agent zero

laundromat placements are very common around here too, and definitely congregation endorsed. they help placement numbers (and therefore boost pride when filling out the report slip), and can always be used as "experiences" relating to informal service, ending in "..and you never know what fruit it will bear".

i knew a brother who would always leave a set of mags on a public telephone at a quiet bus stop on the way to the service group. that way he counted a placement of 2 magazines, AND the fifteen minutes of driving time to the hall because he "started his time".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit