Awakes were everwhere!

by maninthemiddle 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Sunday I visited a local resturant in a strip-mall type of setup. Several business were closed over the weekend. While leaving I noticed the next door had something stuck in the handle. Needless to say it was an Awake magazine from April. I tossed it the recycle bin becuase this place was a child learning center, they certainly don't need any kids to get a hold of it.

I then noticed that all the closed offices had magazines stuck in the door.

This is just sloppy and looks really, really bad.

I don't remember any explict direction for leaving magazines for business terriority, but this just reeks, and I know I would never have done it.

How about you? Ever heard of this?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Must be a renegade publisher/pioneer looking to get his placements up and get rid of old mags.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Someone was out in service and really wanted to place Mags. they found away......Cheeky as it was

You can expect some bragging on how many they distributed.

Good move though in discarding them so children didn't pick them up.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

In our local mall an older sister would leave mags in the washroom...the mags would end up in the toilet, blocking the drain...the janitor asked the sister to stop leaving mags, but she wouldn't until he contacted the congregation elders begging them to tell the old bag to stop...

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Now, I have been guity of leaving mags in laundry mats, but ever ones that were 6 months old.

I didn't even count them, wannbe, do some people really do that?

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

NV2L8, do you know if she counted them as placements?

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Of course she did...she would go to the mall on her way to the KH for the service arrangement to start her time...placed magazines in the washroom and return later for break...leave more mags...count the time while having her coffee...great exemple for the circuit especially since she raised two children in the truth despite having an unbelieving and difficult husband.

• rrb2016
    rrb2016

My Dad was a "weak" JW, never aspired to any position in the KH. His normal Saturday morning service was the LaundraMat route. He would drive around and we would take turns running into the laundramat and leave a stack of mags. I would hurry real fast and not make contact with anyone, so as to not have to "witness" to anyone. LOL

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Pioneers that have high placement numbers typically have a drop-off route for their mags. They don't talk to anyone, they simply drop the mags and leave them in laundry mats, waiting rooms, etc. You can easily place 30 mags before even meeting the morning group.

• wobble
    wobble

I was in the waiting room in a hospital on Monday, buried deeep amongst the wonderful mags to read while you wait, you know the ones, full of "celebrities" you have never heard of, was a bunch of Awakes and one W,T

I wrote on the front of each, "To find out more go to WWWjwfacts.com" and then I tucked them back at the bottom of the pile.

Satisfying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit